Streaming with Raspberry Pi3 using Darkice/Darksnow

Status
Not open for further replies.

JACK26

On the reboot issues, what about the /etc/rc.local file? There should be some startup commands there.

Sorry if I missed that in previous posts but thought I should mention it anyway

faff29

Feed Provider
after basically 2 days of nothing but working on this project and probably over 20 man hours of work, I think I have it figured out. I found a post somewhere about how to boot with a detached screen (used with the GUI). After playing with that code a bit, it looks like it might work. I have rebooted 3 times and it seems to work. Now I am going to delete and rebuild my SD card so it is fresh with no junk testing on it and see if it works or not.

JACK26

after basically 2 days of nothing but working on this project and probably over 20 man hours of work, I think I have it figured out. I found a post somewhere about how to boot with a detached screen (used with the GUI). After playing with that code a bit, it looks like it might work. I have rebooted 3 times and it seems to work. Now I am going to delete and rebuild my SD card so it is fresh with no junk testing on it and see if it works or not.

Glad to hear you're having some success, It's always appreciated if you post your specific solution.

PS: your locale looks awesome for monitoring marine traffic on Lake Erie.

Last edited:

N9JIG

Sheriff
OK, I am trying to set up my new feed using a pi 3, Raspian and Darksnow 7.1. When I set up the parameters and click on "Start Streaming" it shows streaming for a couple seconds and then reverts to Stopped.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Be advised that I know nothing of Linux, I am trying to get this feed set up on a Pi so I don't tie up my main computers and if I can get it to work properly I may convert my other feeds as well.

Here are screen shots of my config:

Attachments

• Audio.jpg
    Audio.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 152
  • Details.jpg
    Details.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 151
  • Server.jpg
    Server.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 152
  • Streaming.jpg
    Streaming.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 146

DC31

Feed Provider
n9JIG,

a couple things to try:

From the WIKI:
RR Live Audio Streaming Ports
The RR Live Audio application normally uses port 80. You can also use ports 8000, 8080, or 8500. The alternate port numbers are typically used to get around firewall problems.

Try changing your device input. Try “default” or “pulse” or some of the other numbers available. If plughw:1,0 is there, try that.

Jim

faff29

Feed Provider
I went away from I’m trying darksnow and just went with darkice as I was having issues. I created a step by step word document on what I did if you private message me your email address I will tiddy it up with an adjustment I made today and send it to you this weekend. I had tons of issues getting the feed and alpha tagging to work after a power outage or a reboot but think I finally got that fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.