Streamlining my SDS100 for CLMRN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheeseburgers

The inclement weather the other day had me rethink my CLMRN favorites list. Since the swap I did very little customization, other than breaking down the TGs that I liked into DQKs. Since I only really listen to the CSP on CLMRN I decided to dissect my FL and strip it down to the bare essentials.

I setup three different departments, similar to how it used to be setup.. Western Talk Groups, Central Talk Groups, and Eastern Talk Groups (w/ DEEP being in their own list, that I currently have disabled). Then I placed the troops in their department list, neglecting to import the secure TGs.

As far as sites I only really get Troop H Simulcast from my location, so I have that w/ CC only, no alternates.

For my location, Wide-Normal really seems to be the best performer. Additionally I have a few SRH789s and I found that this antenna extended really is the best for my location. I get a nice 60% signal, and nearly flawless quality.

When you force the SDS to scan through 3 smaller lists w/ 11-15 TGs, versus that much larger list things appear to be much much smoother. Now this is probably a no-brainer for some but I felt the need to share what works for me.

I use sentinel for color scheme and layout, and Proscan for granular changes.

LouieCT

Premium Subscriber
Sounds awesome, I would love to take a look at the file if you don't mind sharing it....sounds much more organzied than the setup I am running right now. Thanks!

ems55

Premium Subscriber
The inclement weather the other day had me rethink my CLMRN favorites list. Since the swap I did very little customization, other than breaking down the TGs that I liked into DQKs. Since I only really listen to the CSP on CLMRN I decided to dissect my FL and strip it down to the bare essentials.

I setup three different departments, similar to how it used to be setup.. Western Talk Groups, Central Talk Groups, and Eastern Talk Groups (w/ DEEP being in their own list, that I currently have disabled). Then I placed the troops in their department list, neglecting to import the secure TGs.

As far as sites I only really get Troop H Simulcast from my location, so I have that w/ CC only, no alternates.

For my location, Wide-Normal really seems to be the best performer. Additionally I have a few SRH789s and I found that this antenna extended really is the best for my location. I get a nice 60% signal, and nearly flawless quality.

When you force the SDS to scan through 3 smaller lists w/ 11-15 TGs, versus that much larger list things appear to be much much smoother. Now this is probably a no-brainer for some but I felt the need to share what works for me.

I use sentinel for color scheme and layout, and Proscan for granular changes.
Sounds great !! Would like to see what you did ! Thanks for sharing your work !!!

Cheeseburgers

Take a look, let me know what you think. The only site I had in this FL list is H Simulcast, so if you like the dept. layout you could just add the site(s) you monitor most.

The basic layout is more like the dept. layout on the SmartZone 2 system.

I can also share out my G5 setup if anyone wants.

LouieCT

Premium Subscriber
Is there anyway you can export the actual HPE file and share, i love your format but cant get mine to look like yours.....

LouieCT

Premium Subscriber
Thank you so much, this is really well done....Much neater than what I was running appreciate this....I added troop and L control channels and use those two sites. Works great. Thanks again

nekopie03

i cant get my sds100 to pick up any of the CLMRN. I just bought it on 7/27/20. My hp2 is also not picking it up. any help would be great!!!

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
i cant get my sds100 to pick up any of the CLMRN. I just bought it on 7/27/20. My hp2 is also not picking it up. any help would be great!!!
Update the database, and scan from that. Set your location with GPS coordinates (use Google Maps) instead of inputing a ZIP code. See if that works. There's several common newbie mistakes that screw up monitoring trunked systems.

cg

Premium Subscriber
You might be better off creating a custom favorite for it. Many people using the database download have reported issues with reception that in some cases is improved by building your own file.
Reception is very much location driven, even moving around within the house. You may find some suggestions in the CLMRN thread.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.