Street Reponnse 9 in Austin Tx- HOT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VintageJon

Last two nights have been monitoring much traffic, drugs and hookers, on Street Response
9- 868.625Mhz APCO 25 here in Travis County Austin Tx. (SR-9 is ID 00985 in the Frank,
South East, sector.)

Good listening if you're in the area. They keep going down but they keep coming! Just amazing! Smart peole aren't commiting these crimes that's for sure...

Heard APD loose "1 large" last night. Believe this to be $100 as APD is buying and selling out there. (Well perhaps some are smarter than the average bear.)
Keep hearing referance to "trojan". From context I suspect this is an officer buying drugs to make a bust. Any confirmation?

It's a real circus for sure...

73's,
Jon

mikepro96fan

Hi Jon, I love listening to Street Response talkgroups...
I love it when APD does undercover drug or prostitution stings!!!
I get fed up when I listen to the CIB talkgroups, sometimes one side of the conversation is encrypted...I have a dedicated bank for the SR units..Do you?? I listen to all of the under cover talkgroups, APD Adam and So Adam..Leave scanner on 24/7..By the way I love it when it's around 5 or 6 am on a weekday and there is a house raid on CRIT 1 !!!! Cheers!!

VintageJon

Mike- yeah it's good stuff.

Interesting notion on putting SR and Crit in a bank. I think I have them in two banks with
APD,EMS,FD and DPS. Thanks!

Cheers,
Jon

rbarker

Robert
868.625 is only 1 of 22 frequencies that make up the Simulcast 1 site of the Austin Travis County Trunked system. If that is was the only frequency you were locked on, then you are missing a whole lot. The best deal is to lock on the "talkgroup" you want to hear and you will continute to hear them on that talkgroup no matter which of the 22 frequencies they come up on. There is also a pretty good discussion group on http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CenTexComm/

VintageJon

rbaker, I thought I'd posted a reply but I don't see it... (wrong click no doubt.)

Actually I was locked on the SR-9 talk group. Freq info was completely usless, as you correctly pointed out.

73's
Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.