Streetsboro gets new frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasby

The Streetsboro Police and Fire Depts have new frequencies that will go in service this week. The are repeater systems. The new repeater output frequencies are:

Police: 154.785 CSQ 131.8
Fire: 155.750 CSQ 131.8

FPO703

Interesting. No indication in the FCC Database reflecting such.

It would be a shame for them to get in trouble for transmitting on non-licensed frequencies.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
FPO703 said:
It would be a shame for them to get in trouble for transmitting on non-licensed frequencies.

Ha. Quite a few city and county agencies do it. You'd me amazed how much stuff out there is not licensed and is public safety.

FPO703

Time for the FCC to start cracking down

Expired licenses is one thing. But, non-licensed at all, that's a whole different game.

Yokoshibu

yeah funny the OSP post renewed thier VHF freq's last year but nothing on streestboro searching from 154-157

Nasby

Do the FCC actually have any field agents? The only thing I've ever heard the FCC do is chase after Howard Stern. I really doubt that a govt agency would transmit without the proper licensing. Could it be that the FCC simply hasn't posted the license info?

FPO703

Let's see, Trumbull County 911 was trying to, they got a visit from the FCC and look at what's happening, now. They are in the process of being properly licensed.

Nasby

That just baffles my mind. How could a public safety agency just start using an unlicesed frequency? What happened with Trumbull 911? Did they just pick some frequency out of a book and start transmitting?

FPO703

yes. their radio people took random frequencies (they were licensed on 2 frequencies for mobile use, only). And, they wanted to set up repeaters on them both. But, the FCC got wind of it and talked with TC911 and their radio people and told them to get their stuff right or don't talk on the airwaves.
The FCC does have a field agent that frequents the NE Ohio area, also.

Status
Not open for further replies.