Strength of Southwestern New Hampshire Fire Freqs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

firepilot

Premium Subscriber
Hey Guys,

Just wondering how strong the freq strength is for their dispatch and tactical/medical channels? They are the primiary dispatch agecny for most FD and EMS in southwest NH and southern VT. They have tower locations in Keene, NH; Westmoreland, NH; Gilsum, NH; Lempster, NH; Winchester, NH; Greenfield, NH; Peterborough, NH; Wilmington, VT; Stratton, VT; Temple Mt, NH; Newfane, VT; Alstead, NH; Dublin, NH; Unity, NH; Halifax, VT; Mt Sunapee, NH; Fitzwilliam, NH; Charlestown, NH and Marlboro, VT. So basically, without the terrain, how far can I hear the signal?

I'm posting this in NY forums because this is where I want to hear it. Thanks!

KW

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
I hear them pretty good on 154.43 - I am just west of downtown Boston.

154.43 has multiple synchronized simulcast base transmitters AFAIK.

154.145 has 1 repeater on a mountain in Vermont IIRC.

159.45 I think has 1 base on Hyland Hill just west of Keene IIRC (and it is used as the Keene FD main channel).

155.265 and 155.715 might have a couple of hilltop bases.

I think the rest of the freqs dont have bases or repeaters - just mobiles and portables.

33.78 reportedly carries all of the 154.43 traffic - it might be from a base station on Hyland Hill.

LathamScan

Premium Subscriber
Since 154.430 went to simulcast, I can hear them loud and clear in Latham. Which means in order to listen to Green Island Fire (also on 154.430) I have had to turn on the CTCSS filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.