Stridsberg Engineering Great Service!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack103

Premium Subscriber
I noticed that my various mil-air scanners suddenly went quite on me,ran some tests and discovered that my Stridsberg active multi-coulper was not working. I called STRIDSBERG and the tech I spoke with told me to ship it back to their labs and they would check it out and repair and upgrade if needed. Two weeks later I received my multi-coupler that they had to replace an MMIC and upgrade to a later ver. Its really nice to deal with an AMERICAN manufacturer that stands by its great product and warranty.

morfis

jack103 said:
I noticed that my various mil-air scanners suddenly went quite on me,ran some tests and discovered that my Stridsberg active multi-coulper was not working. I called STRIDSBERG and the tech I spoke with told me to ship it back to their labs and they would check it out and repair and upgrade if needed. Two weeks later I received my multi-coupler that they had to replace an MMIC and upgrade to a later ver. Its really nice to deal with an AMERICAN manufacturer that stands by its great product and warranty.

Given the price they charge for a multi-coupler and the low cost of the mmics (which do have a high failure rate) they have plenty of room for keeping customers happy.

Upgrade...mmm...what's to upgrade?

For customers outside the USA they will happiliy ship out a replacement mmic each time one fails.

Ubbe

I agree, both with great customer service and the high price.

I accidently touched the tone transmit button on a 2-way radio when I tried to remove it's antenna connector, while it was connected to the Stridsberg. They sent me a replacemeant MMIC free of charge.

But I've had bad luck with it's performance, even before the accident. It has some own oscillations that gives strong birdies on some frequencies and doesn't take kindly to an antenna that gives strong signals.

I have tried my active 1-4 splitter in different constellations and antennas and sometimes in certain bands it have been perfect. But usually my standard CATV amplifier and 1-4 CATV splitter, that costs $10 each, outperformes the $200 Stridsberg multicoupler both in sensitivity and overload/blocking rejection.

But I'm sure that Stridsbergs multicouplers are the ticket for most of us if we do not want to experiment with homebrew splitters and cables and adapters all over the shack.

Ubbe.
sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.