Strike Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eng74

A strike team from Kern County, ST 5026 is being sent to the Humboldt Fire. it will be Engines 12, 21, 33, 42, and 64 plus a Batt Chief, not sure who it is. The fire seems to be kicking some good tail up there just looked at the stats on the Cal Fire page http://cdfdata.fire.ca.gov/incidents/incidents_details_info?incident_id=272. If you are in the area keep an eye out for the 5 white with blue stripe Quantums. The price of fuel this fire season is going to make for very high cost recovery, in other words make sure you get all your forms in on time!

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Earlier today I heard strike teams leaving Roseville & South Placer county en route to the Humboldt Fire in Butte county. There were so many dispatches I lost track of all that was going, but I am sure there were more.

MCIAD

Ventura County also has a mixed Type-1 Strike Team on the way.
XVE1553A includes:
E72 [Federal Fire - Navy Base Ventura
E82 [Santa Paula Fire]
E54 [Ventura County]
E64 {Oxnard City]
ME2 [Ventura City]

We also already have a Type-3 at the Indians Fire in Monterey.

Gonna be a *very* long summer!

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
My thanks to all of you who sent S/T's or other logistical help to us at the Humboldt!!!

I was on one of the IA (Initial Attack) engines on Wednesday about midday, and spent the next 48 hours on the fireline without relief. We then went on rotating 24's, and I got off this morning to prep for a family court issue I have going on Thursday with my ex. This was the wildest fire activity I have ever seen this early in the fire season. I was doing structure protection in Butte Valley two nights ago, just north of the incident base at Butte College, and actually saw fire whorls in the advancing flame front. The wind was shifting on a minute-by-minute basis down in the canyons, and it got hairy for a short while. It is all mop-up now, but it seems to be a harbringer of the rest of the summer. Pack those red bags boys...we're gonna be busy!!!!!!!!!

BTW Eng74, I saw those really pretty Quantums in staging. NICE!!!! Where is Station 78 (Piute)? I saw a very pretty Type 3 from there, and had no idea where Piute is. When I was there, 77 was the newest station in the battalion...

Eng74

Is Engine 42 still up there? When the other 4 got back in county they were still up there OOS mechanical. Station 78 (Piute) was station 13 tell about 98 or 99 I think. It is in the mountains between Keen and the Kern River Valley area (Lake Isabella, Bodfish, Kernville). If you are going east on 58 before you get to Keen scales there is the Caliente turn off that takes you to the north. It will run you a back way up to the lake. They were a little closer to Batt. 7 than they were to Batt. 1, so in the early to mid 90's when Batt. 5 split up between Batt.'s 1, 2, and 4 they went to 7. The newest station that added staffing is 67 in Rosedale. There have been a lot of new station to replace some of the older stations over the last few years.
http://www.kerncountyfire.org/stations.php

Status
Not open for further replies.