Stringers: LA TV show

Status
Not open for further replies.

karldotcom

It looks like you will be able to watch the show online....

Of course, there will be 100 more of these guys showing up in LA to be just like them....like the paparazzis....although the paps have been more subdued since they got that beatdown in Malibu.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
This show has been in the works for a long time. I personally like the show but I agree it may make a lot of people think they can just grab a camera and a scanner and go out and do it. Let me just say stringing is an art. If you are going to do it right it will became your life not just something you do when you have free time.

mdulrich

Feed Provider
the one guy has a amber lights for "emergency use on the freeway". -rolls eyes-

No he said, "I actually put a couple of um emergency ah yellow flashers on it and stuff so when I'm on the freeway you won't hit me." If you are going to quote, you shouldn't change the meaning.

Mike

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Of course, there will be 100 more of these guys showing up in LA to be just like them....

Ha ha ha... there's already 100 of these guys chasing scanners in LA. :lol:

Sounds like a good show. As a former stringer myself, I'll definitely watch this show. And yes, when you see it, you WILL want to grab a camera and chase too. It's a very, very addicting activity.

-AZ

dangitdoug

100 mph+

I saw an item on another site that talked about one of those guys doing triple-digit speeds on the freeway to get to a crime scene. That seems like a bit much to me just to get good pictures. He's likely to end up being his very own accident scene. I hope he can film himself from the gurney.

andy404ns

There was a show coming out a lot like this one but it followed Tow Truck drivers around but I forget the name. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

The episodes tonight were great. :) Very good documenting the hobby. I really hope this show does good. Its very exciting and adrenaline pumping. I cant wait to see it next week.

landonjensen

I find it funny on the story link SLO gave, about the two twins, they say they look at a "Internal CHP Website." :lol:

karldotcom

hey landon....put on your turnouts, take your axe and go onscene next time the pager goes off...maybe put the camera in your helmet.

emt_531

So Im curious, exactly what do these guys make money wise for each of these stories? Obviously they spent lots of moneys on their cameras, and their fancy old police units, not to mention the fuel driving around Los Angeles. Basically, what I am asking, is this a hobby or a job?

SLOweather

Premium Subscriber
So Im curious, exactly what do these guys make money wise for each of these stories? Obviously they spent lots of moneys on their cameras, and their fancy old police units, not to mention the fuel driving around Los Angeles. Basically, what I am asking, is this a hobby or a job?

Check out the LA times article. There are some figures there. As I recall, they both have full-time jobs outside this, and their business grossed ~$100k last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.