Strong Carrier on 169.6625

Status
Not open for further replies.

empireco

Strong carrier has been on 169.6625 for several days now. A fellow ham and I used a handheld Yagi on a HT and it seems to be coming from a south westerly direction. It's been received by people across In the Marion and Boyle County area.
I've heard two different monitors report hearing voices in the background but all I hear is near full quiet carrier with an occasional burst of P25 that seems to be encrypted. Is any one else hearing the same music?

mancow

Database Admin
The same thing happened here with a local FBI repeater. It went on for a month until I finally called them and told them that their stuff is broken and it's burping 167 nacs every few minutes. They asked the freq and then said "Yep, that's us, thanks we'll check it out tomorrow". The next day it was gone. It seems those networked repeaters get stuck sometimes.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Just found this form, I would say that @mancow is right. They P25 network repeaters get stuck. Some videos online have shown it

Andyssonopie

Not long ago a DEA task force was broadcasting all of there drug stake outs over a open frequency, while it was interesting to listen to for some reason I figured if I was hearing it the dope guys could be also. Long story but ended calling a friend in KSP who made a call telling them they had a serious problem.

trashman43

Kentucky DB Admin...
Database Admin
Also this is txing constant csq. It is not txing NAC 167 constant. When it does tx with NAC 167 the signal is the same as without.

Strong carrier has been on 169.6625 for several days now. A fellow ham and I used a handheld Yagi on a HT and it seems to be coming from a south westerly direction. It's been received by people across In the Marion and Boyle County area.
I've heard two different monitors report hearing voices in the background but all I hear is near full quiet carrier with an occasional burst of P25 that seems to be encrypted. Is any one else hearing the same music?

Status
Not open for further replies.