strong edacs control channel in my area

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdeveau2010

hi, I live in dayville CT, on 451.275 I have a strong edacs control channel, i used unitrunker to find that out, I have searched for this all over radio reference to find this edacs system and can't find it, does anyone know what this is? or rather who this is?, there also seems to be other edacs control channels around this freq. also, I have found edacs on 451.075,451.100,451.275 and 451.625 how do i go about programming this into my bcd396xt ?

thanks

Paul

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
I looked up the first two frequencies and I see them listed as NE Utilities. in order to receive EDACS you need the LCN order which I dont know how to find but I am sure someone does.

Alec

hi, I live in dayville CT, on 451.275 I have a strong edacs control channel, i used unitrunker to find that out, I have searched for this all over radio reference to find this edacs system and can't find it, does anyone know what this is? or rather who this is?, there also seems to be other edacs control channels around this freq. also, I have found edacs on 451.075,451.100,451.275 and 451.625 how do i go about programming this into my bcd396xt ?

thanks

Paul

RobKB1FJR

Premium Subscriber
It's data only. So you could set it up as a single frequency EDACS system and all you will get is random Talkgroups with data noise. No voice activity is on this system

cg

Premium Subscriber
SCAT = Single Channel Autonomous Trunking. It is full duplex single channel EDACS. I believe NU uses it for remote switching and load monitoring. The 900MHz DMR system (used to be EDACS narrow) seems to carry similar type traffic.
Look at some of the large remote switching boxes on poles. You will see an antenna on the top of the unit or even higher up. I have seen small mobile whips as well as yagis.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.