Strong signal, no audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
I programmed my pro106 to pick up a trunking system. I'm positive I programmed it correctly because I hear transmissions from the city that I programmed. The problem is sometimes I don't hear anything - even when the LED lights up. I'll hear the first part of a radio traffic conversation and not the end or vise versa. Like I said, the LED will light up, but I will hear nothing.

Any ideas?

BTW, I have a couple other cities programmed in that are analog and they come in fine. It's only when I start dealing with trunking that I have any issues.

I programmed my pro106 to pick up a trunking system. I'm positive I programmed it correctly because I hear transmissions from the city that I programmed. The problem is sometimes I don't hear anything - even when the LED lights up. I'll hear the first part of a radio traffic conversation and not the end or vise versa. Like I said, the LED will light up, but I will hear nothing.

Any ideas?

BTW, I have a couple other cities programmed in that are analog and they come in fine. It's only when I start dealing with trunking that I have any issues.

Make sure your weather priority is not on. To fix this:

1.)Press PGM
2.)Press F3/GLOB
3.)Press the down arrow key util you get to WxPri:
4.)Press the right arrow key until it says off
5.)Press the F1/Save key

Sometimes this what causes that.

What State, County, City, are you listening too?

Last edited:
CA, Alameda County, Alameda city. The same thing happens when I program any other cities ID into the trunking system.

Status
Not open for further replies.