Strong Signal On 27095 kHz In Niagara?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niagaraeye

I've recently returned to SWL in central Niagara and I've noticed a 24/7 strong "pulsing" and fairly wide signal that appears to be centred around 27095 kHz (27.095 mHz). Does anybody have any idea what its source might be? This frequency falls somewhere in the middle of the CB band, but the signal doesn't sound like it has anything to do with CB radio. Any guesses?

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (LG-GR500FD/V10a Teleca/Q7.1 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Maybe some good ol' boy with a lot of wattage. Do you hear an accent? There used to be a eastern european chicken bander who had a lot to say in his unique form of jibberish.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
27.0950Mhz is in between two CB channels.

There were a lot of low power devices that operated on those in between channels.

I believe Remote Control (RC) toys might be one user of the frequency.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
27.0950Mhz is in between two CB channels.

There were a lot of low power devices that operated on those in between channels.

I believe Remote Control (RC) toys might be one user of the frequency.

That is correct - some RC car frequencies are peppered throughout the CB band as well as wireless mouse and keyboard transmitters.

Niagaraeye

Thanks to everyone who responded here, it's genuinely appreciated. I did notice that this frequency is mentioned occasionally in reference to RC usage but I dismissed the idea as unlikely because of the signals 24/7 nature. The notion that it's someone's nearby wireless mouse or keyboard being perpetually left on seems more likely to me. This is definitely not a standard CB transmission, amplified or not. It's a pulsed signal at a rate of about two per second and it's strength never varies. Once again, thank you for your replies. I think Radio Reference might prove to be a valuable resource for my reintroduction to the hobby.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I remember back in the 70's that we thought it was the heart machine at the hospital.

Kind of a squishy sound every second.

Status
Not open for further replies.