Structure fire Pittsfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4UYV_Al

Chief ordered all companies out of the structure, exterior attack only.. reserve engines in service.. Mutual aid engines companies from Dalton,Lanesborough & Lenox, ladder company from lenox to Pittsfield.. Red Cross to be notified, possibly 5 famililies displaced.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
What frequency was the fire on? Does Pittsfield FD switch to a fireground channel when they have a big fire? Peter sz

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Pittsfield Fire Operations are usually on 154.3400 PL 107.2. Some units are repeaterized, others aren't.
They rarely switch to fireground, only for intra county ops, and when they do, they use 154.1600 PL 107.2, which is the county-wide fireground.

I have never heard them use 154.22. I think it's used more for administrative use.

Do you have an address of the fire on Waconah Ave?

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
Mike - thanks for the info. "They rarely switch to FG" - that was what I was wondering about basically.

The other tidbit about some units not being on the repeater is also interesting.

I can understand why they would rarely go to Ch2. If they only have 5 or 6 companys - when there is a big fire, everyone is at the scene - whats the point is going to Ch 2? - who are you leaving Ch1 open for? No one essentially. Maybe they could use Ch2 to talk to mutual aid units or any reserve units that get staffed for coverage duty.

Do you think they use 153.83 at all?

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Mike - thanks for the info. "They rarely switch to FG" - that was what I was wondering about basically.

The other tidbit about some units not being on the repeater is also interesting.

I can understand why they would rarely go to Ch2. If they only have 5 or 6 companys - when there is a big fire, everyone is at the scene - whats the point is going to Ch 2? - who are you leaving Ch1 open for? No one essentially. Maybe they could use Ch2 to talk to mutual aid units or any reserve units that get staffed for coverage duty.

Do you think they use 153.83 at all?

Typically you go to CH2, so that other "in city" dispatches don't interfere with the on-scene communications.
153.830 is not used at all in the city by the FD.

Status
Not open for further replies.