Struggling with P25RX

Status
Not open for further replies.

redbluff1099

I tried the DB search and then had it test the list. It only found one control channel. I am trying to monitor Montgomery County Ohio Reginal Dispatch Center. RR says it has one primary control channel and two alternates. I can get the P25rx to receive anything off any of them. The DB search found a control channel for a different system at another agency. Not sure what to do from here.

The other frustration is the list that shows up in talk group if I enable TG is a list that is not even in Ohio!

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
I just use the known info from the radioreference database as its sorted better and has better descriptions than what is pulled from the fcc database the p25rx uses. You can enter in just the frequencies and manaully add them. I seem to remember having to add the trailing 0's to match the p25rx format. Such as 868.6250000 instead of 868.625. RR data import would be a nice feature on the p25rx for sure.

For the talkgroup thing. Mine shipped with some talkgroups Todd was using for testing (I assume) before it was shipped. Just delete them and add your own.

Reactions: btt

redbluff1099

OK I can give the trailing 0's a try. I had not done that. I am using RR database as a reference for CC. And I conformed they are up to date. We have a multi site simulcast system and it is hard to even get the Uniden SDS models to receive.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
Glad to hear you got it working. Hope it helps fix that simulcast issue. It can be a real headache.

Reactions: btt

NYG

I tried the DB search and then had it test the list. It only found one control channel. I am trying to monitor Montgomery County Ohio Reginal Dispatch Center. RR says it has one primary control channel and two alternates. I can get the P25rx to receive anything off any of them. The DB search found a control channel for a different system at another agency. Not sure what to do from here.

The other frustration is the list that shows up in talk group if I enable TG is a list that is not even in Ohio!

When I initially got mine it didn't list the P25 networks for my area. I cleared the initial talk groups that I assume were from testing, then I just manually plugged in the control channels and let it find all the talk groups.

After you get through the initial config the device is much easier to program than just about any modern scanner out there. At least to me.

redbluff1099

When I initially got mine it didn't list the P25 networks for my area. I cleared the initial talk groups that I assume were from testing, then I just manually plugged in the control channels and let it find all the talk groups.

After you get through the initial config the device is much easier to program than just about any modern scanner out there. At least to me.
Agreed. I have almost everything resolved and it is working good. I really like it much better than a conventional scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.