"Stubby" antenna for 800mhz trunked

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxrealtor

Premium Subscriber
I've seen a coupe while reading the forums here.

I listen to mostly 800 Mhz trunked, analog. Inside and in the truck.

I just got the RS 800 Mhz and it's much better than the stock, but if I could get it down in size with the same quality I'd do it in a second!

I saw this - Comet SB14 Amateur HT Antenna

Suggestions??

w2xq

Mentor
The key words are "with the same quality." The Comet antenna is an amateur radio antenna with sensitivity optimized on 3 bands, including 440 MHz. If you are only listening to 800 MHz, I would suggest the RS antenna you have is as good as any. The Wilson W-801 (available from Scanner Master that advertises on this site) -- as recommended by W2GLD to me -- has a wider frequency response, and it is my antenna of choice as I carry the PRO-106 in and out of the house and car.

adamr368

Premium Subscriber
I am in agreement with Tom - the RS 800 MHz is worth the extra height over a stubby for the added performance. I have tried numerous antennas to boost my reception of the NJSP 800 MHz system and nothing <yet> has outperformed this antenna.

The key words are "with the same quality." The Comet antenna is an amateur radio antenna with sensitivity optimized on 3 bands, including 440 MHz. If you are only listening to 800 MHz, I would suggest the RS antenna you have is as good as any. The Wilson W-801 (available from Scanner Master that advertises on this site) -- as recommended by W2GLD to me -- has a wider frequency response, and it is my antenna of choice as I carry the PRO-106 in and out of the house and car.

Status
Not open for further replies.