Stuck Locating Lodi/Stockton Freqs Using FreeScan

Status
Not open for further replies.

N7DXC

Attempting to program 996xt with FreeScan. Found Lodi/Stockton freqs in RadioReference database manually, but do not see anything related to police/fire in FreeScan when I choose San Joaquin County. A little help or point in the right direction would be appreciated.

JoeyC

Can't help with the direct downloads into FreeScan (not a prem subscriber), although what is in the DB at RR is available in FreeScan. You can always use EZGrab to pull freqs from the DB directly for anything that you can't find through the FS interface.

N7DXC

Thank you Joey, but my mistake was how I chose the type of system to download. I originally pick to import "trunked" systems and I should have picked "conventional". When I corrected that, all the freqs showed up.

russianspd

Premium Subscriber
You have everything you need or are you still looking for any specific freqs?

N7DXC

Thank you for asking. I figured it out by back-tracking the FreeScan procedure and picking another option that displayed the freqs I wanted (Conventional vs Trunked). It worked fine because I followed the one FreeScan YouTube video called "FreeScan Video 1". That got me going just fine, except I am a little overwhelmed by the options and only followed what he suggested. Are there any other videos on the web that would be helpful?

Keith

russianspd

Premium Subscriber
The only videos I have watched were simply mirror instructionals on how to program a trunked system. Other than that I've always been able to trouble shoot my own solutions and have everything working the way I want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.