BC75XLT: Stuck on scan and will not turn off

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdubs73

My son turned on his scanner which had been working fine until now. It is stuck on scan, finds one of the channels he has programmed briefly, then goes back to scan. I cannot turn the scanner off. When I take the batteries out, and re-install them, the unit comes back on and still continues to scan. The only key that works is the func key. Any thoughts?

Scan125

I can simulate your problem on my UCS125XLT by holding the Scan key down. All one can then dow is power on/off the scanner.

Are you sure your scan keys is not stuck? You could also have dirt / contamination of the key inside the scanner casing. Also when you press the scan key does it click (both sound and feel)?

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Spray the buttons with a can of compressed air to blow out any food, dirt particles that may be causing problems.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
My son turned on his scanner which had been working fine until now. It is stuck on scan, finds one of the channels he has programmed briefly, then goes back to scan. I cannot turn the scanner off. When I take the batteries out, and re-install them, the unit comes back on and still continues to scan. The only key that works is the func key. Any thoughts?

Did I miss this? What type of scanner is he using?

Greg

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Did I miss this? What type of scanner is he using?

Greg

The title the OP used for starting this thread is

"BC75XLT: Stuck on scan and will not turn off "

greggk

Premium Subscriber

Guys..I do not have any of that info. The Title says "stuck on scan", and there is no tag at the bottom of the post. At least not what I see. I missed something...cuz it is NOT there. :)

Greg

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Guys..I do not have any of that info. The Title says "stuck on scan", and there is no tag at the bottom of the post. At least not what I see. I missed something...cuz it is NOT there. :)

Greg

Look way up at the top of the page you are reading right now...

Right above where it says "User CP" in the dark blue menu bar... That is the title of the thread the OP started.

BC75XLT: Stuck on scan and will not turn off

Seems like you were able to see it here without any problem:

http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-tech-support/333147-volume-knob-issue.html#post2572866

And the thread "Tags" are at the end of the thread, right after the very last post in the thread, not at the bottom of each post.

Last edited:

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Guys...below is a cut and paste I just did from what I see. My title, and I know where they are, says exactly as you read below. :confused:

Stuck on scan and will not turn off

greggk

Premium Subscriber
pdubs73
user_offline.gif

icon9.gif

ABOVE is a better cut and paste example of what I see.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
pdubs73
user_offline.gif

icon9.gif

ABOVE is a better cut and paste example of what I see.

I think you are looking at the heading on the individual post, not the title of the thread.

This is the thread title:

pageview1.jpg

And these are the tags at the bottom of the thread:

pageview2.jpg

mavrickma

This is what I see. Notice the "BC75XLT: Stuck on scan and will not turn off" at the top at the end of the breadcrumb trail.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-09 at 3.02.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-09 at 3.02.07 PM.png
    76.5 KB · Views: 167

greggk

Premium Subscriber
I saw the tags at the bottom. Again, they meant little to me as far as what the post was about.

But..I'm not to big of a guy to say I was wrong. I just did not look up THAT HIGH. It is all the way up there over top of FAQ, User CP, Members List, etc.

I was looking at the title next to the "purple icon." That did not mention the model.

The sad thing about all this is that I have no other answers anyhow...lol. I would have suggested cleaning and light air blowing, perhaps with a camera lens blower.

Thank you. I learned something new and I appreciate your persistence in getting this knocked in to my head. I will have to live with this shame forever. Greg

mavrickma

I had this happen with my 536. Turned the knob off and the scanner stayed on. Had to remove power to get it to turn off. Then once I returned power, everything was fine again.

wtp

just a thought.

Keylock
Use the scanner’s keylock to protect it from accidental
program changes. When the scanner’s keys are locked, the
only controls that operate are scroll control knob (volume
only), Func, Hold, and .
To turn on keylock, press Func + . appears. To turn
off keylock, press Func + again. no longer displays.
Note: Using keylock does not prevent the scanner from
scanning channel

Status
Not open for further replies.