Stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

hcdavis

Premium Subscriber
I am using FreeScan software to imput frequencies into a Uniden BCT996T scanner. I am communicating with the scanner but when I go to the screen to import from Radio Reference I receive an error. It is asking me to check my account status, that is fine and my internet connection is fine. Any help would be appreciated.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Make sure you are using the latest version of Freescan and make sure you have correctly entered your RadioReference login credentials in Freescan.

hcdavis

Premium Subscriber
I have the up to date version of Freescan and I checked the username and password directly to RR and I can log in with no problems. When I try the import I get the following message: Error retrieving data rom RR. Verify hyour internet connection etc.
Client found repsonse type 'text/html', but xepected 'text/xml'.
Then there is a full page of computer programming errors.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Ok, that is either a Freescan configuration error or a problem at RRDB. I'll have to let someone else step in to assist...out of my realm of knowledge.

cpuerror

You may have firewall software blocking access. Also if you are using one of those USB Internet connections that goes over the cell phone network, sometimes that can cause some problems as well. Beyond that though, if you could post a screen shot of the offending error message that would help shed some light as well.

cpuerror

Looks like it might be something to do with the local machine or ISP. From what I can gather from that, there is a caching server at the ISP that is turning down the request. Might try a different computer or ISP.Maybe you have a neighber with an open wifi that you can borrow (after asking permission ofcourse).

Kennrth

Premium Subscriber
You must be a premium member to download from the database. You need to pay a small fee for a 6 month subscription. Have you done that.

Status
Not open for further replies.