Study for Counties Merging

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I wish that the article would include a list of counties that are suggested to merge or a map to show the new boundaries. I don't think radio shops would make too much money. Most would just need reprogramming. Decal/paint shops would make more money.
If this would go through could be interesting listening.

wb0qqk

Premium Subscriber
Never happen. Political subdivision have too many "empire builders" who aren't about to give up their power and control.

SCPD

QRT
Never happen. Political subdivision have too many "empire builders" who aren't about to give up their power and control.
I agree. No way is Douglas or Sarpy county going give up their power. There are many more counties that won't either those two are just the biggest losers in this plan, power wise.

littona

Super Freq
Premium Subscriber

Agreed. Look at how much of a fuss there was for annexing Elkhorn. Unless there was a way for one county to annex another... :roll:

SquierStrat

i think it was the omaha world herald i saw that had a map of all the "new" counties divided up. douglas, sarpy, lancaster, washington, dodge, and maybe 1 or 2 others would remain untouched.

Agreed. Look at how much of a fuss there was for annexing Elkhorn. Unless there was a way for one county to annex another... :roll:

Just as long as the "Evil Empire" Omaha stays out of Ralston, I will be happy......but.....most thought Omaha would leave Elkhorn alone.

Maybe I should move over to the south side of Harrison St, duck that stupid wheel tax and avoid "forced annexation".

...Is Bennington Next???

wb0qqk

Premium Subscriber
I talked with an Omaha City Council member about the "behind the scenes"
of the Elkhorn annexation. There were no immediate plans to take Elkhorn
until they began an aggressive, over night annexation of SIDs around their
city, which threatened Omaha's western expansion. The council member
added that Elkhorn probably had a good ten or twenty more years left before
it would have been close and maybe not even then, giving Ralston as an example.

Status
Not open for further replies.