Stump Neck EOD Fire/EMS company?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kumba

Premium Subscriber
Poking through the Charles County Wiki, there's a listing of the various Fire/EMS companies in the county, and I noted that NSWC Indian Head is Company 20. Then I remembered that the Navy also has Stump Neck EOD...I think a demolitions site. Surely they have an engine company of their own? I *think* it might be Company 21, per the Marbury/10th District website, where they mention "Engine 21-1 (Stump Neck Navy Base)" as responding to one of their calls once:

Tenth District Volunteer Fire Department

Anyone know an equipment (trucks, ambulances, etc) possibly stationed there?

Also, does anyone know if the NRL Facility or the Army's Blossom Point site has their own Fire/EMS companies as well (that may or may not have MA agreements with Charles)?

Kumba

Premium Subscriber
Hmm, okay, they really do have a fire company, but I can't tell what the company number is. Few years ago, a new fire station was built in Stump Neck, per this article:
New Fire Station open for Stump Neck Annex

The two trucks visible in the photo attached to it are yellow, and barely visible from behind a column is the number "20" on one truck. So I'm not sure if Stump Neck simply has an extra engine or two as part of Company 20 from Indian Head, or if they are a separate company entirely.

Kumba

Premium Subscriber
Company 21- is only using Engine 211 (I'm the one who created the station and apparatus listing for Wiki for PG, Charles, Calvert, St. Mary's and Anne Arundel I believe)

Ahh, so in that one link I referenced, the second engine spotted probably was from Company 20? I figure Stump Neck only has a fire department and not EMS, given the small size of their facility. The building looks like it can handle two engines, but unless someone knows someone there or knows where the Navy hides their website, it's anyone's guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.