Stumped

Status
Not open for further replies.

northwind

I am trying to program my uniden scanner with the OPP fleetnet which I had there before, however now when I program, When I program a "mot" sytem, I am unable to access under options the status bit, end code areas and offsets as they are not shown. I am able to program frequncies and TGID's

Any ideas?

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I am stumped also on how to help you

I am trying to program my uniden scanner with the OPP fleetnet which I had there before, however now when I program, When I program a "mot" sytem, I am unable to access under options the status bit, end code areas and offsets as they are not shown. I am able to program frequncies and TGID's

Any ideas?

Hi there.

How can anyone help you out if you do not mention:
1) Which scanner you are talking about
2) what software, if any, you are using?

With some more info I am sure someone here could help you out.

Eric

tusker305

Simple,
There is a guy on here, goes by the name "cpuerror" he wrote a great program called "FREESCAN" you can download it here; http://scannow.org/ . It's easy to use, its Canadian, and it's FREE. In the program you can import the data right from Radio Reference Database into FREESCAN and upload it to the radio.
No more than 10 minutes. I have 68 systems and over 3000 frequencies in my radio it took me an hour, half an hour if I didn't have female help.
Believe me, I could teach my cat to run this program. It will solve all your I can't find the screen for......
it' all right in front of you just fill in the blanks and your off and running.
Good Luck

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Note: FreeScan only works with the Uniden DMA scanners - if you're using the PRO-96 or 2096, you want to use Win96 from Starrsoft. For the BC250, 785, 296 or 796, the top choices are ARC250 or ProScan.

I see someone has extensive discussions about making the 96/2096 work with Fleetnet. See the sticky thread 'Programming your Pro-96 for Fleetnet' in this forum. For Unidens, see 'Programming your Uniden scanner for Bell Mobility Radio's Fleetnet system', another sticky thread in this forum

Please be specific as to which scanner you are trying to program. Once folks know that, you'll get lots of help, I'm sure. 73 Mike

Last edited:

slicerwizard

I see it's still a memory and CPU hog. 100% CPU loading while reading a scanner??

And what's with the dump everything to one file deal? I don't understand why systems aren't saved to separate files. Am I missing something?

mciupa

Any ideas?

Be sure you are programming Type 2 VHF.

Don't worry about the status bit , it should be set to ignore.

The offset and spacing should be listed in this "sticky" created by Mike_Oxlong.
http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17856

Freq's and TG ID's should be done after the VHF trunking prerequisites.

Status
Not open for further replies.