Stupid Mistake - Lost My SDS100 Profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
So, I was trying to add a couple of new FLs to my SDS100 for testing some new frequencies. But my stupid self forgot to save the profile before I connected it and started importing the FLs (that came from another user).

Long story (and many unpleasant words) later, I realized that I could import my settings from my SDS200 and then reupload to my SDS100 (read from scanner and then write to scanner) since I have them both set up almost identically (the only difference being a handful of systems that are not locked out on the 200, easy enough to fix that).

It seems to have worked well enough as I am hearing what I should be hearing on my FLs, but one thing I noticed is that because it was read from an SDS200, the commands for the backlight (flash when off, on when squelch etc) did not carry over. Basically it is treating the 100 like my 200.

I will of course make a NEW profile for the 100 so that the 100 and 200 are separate entities from here on out, but for now is there any way to tell Sentinel that it needs to transfer the back-light options for the 100 to the scanner?

Thanks much in advance for replies.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
So, I was trying to add a couple of new FLs to my SDS100 for testing some new frequencies. But my stupid self forgot to save the profile before I connected it and started importing the FLs (that came from another user).

Long story (and many unpleasant words) later, I realized that I could import my settings from my SDS200 and then reupload to my SDS100 (read from scanner and then write to scanner) since I have them both set up almost identically (the only difference being a handful of systems that are not locked out on the 200, easy enough to fix that).

It seems to have worked well enough as I am hearing what I should be hearing on my FLs, but one thing I noticed is that because it was read from an SDS200, the commands for the backlight (flash when off, on when squelch etc) did not carry over. Basically it is treating the 100 like my 200.

I will of course make a NEW profile for the 100 so that the 100 and 200 are separate entities from here on out, but for now is there any way to tell Sentinel that it needs to transfer the back-light options for the 100 to the scanner?

Thanks much in advance for replies.

Just make any Of those few changes to the scanner And load it up into Sentinel. Once there, select save profile and name it whatever you want.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
Just make any Of those few changes to the scanner And load it up into Sentinel. Once there, select save profile and name it whatever you want.
I am trying to. I have it set to "Flash with Backlight Off" enabled but it isn't working.

Status
Not open for further replies.