Stupid question about 346xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hi guys just wanted to say how can I just program just freqs into the scanner and it looks when I program a Motorolla system can I still just listen to the system without adjusting the parameters because when I was on YouTube and a guy setup a system on a pro 106 but he said its still listenable without adjusting the parameter do I'm confused.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
???

Hi guys just wanted to say how can I just program just freqs into the scanner and it looks when I program a Motorolla system can I still just listen to the system without adjusting the parameters because when I was on YouTube and a guy setup a system on a pro 106 but he said its still listenable without adjusting the parameter do I'm confused.

I cant for the life of me understand what you are trying to say.
What are you trying to program a system or just freqs?

DaveH

It would help if you detail which parameters you're referring to...could refer to the P25 DSP-related
parameters with the digital 346?

Dave

Last edited:

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9300; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.526 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

barrelroll said:
Well EJB I just want to program freqs.

Ok. That I understand. I assume that you have a manual or a link to one?

If that is so, what frequencies do you want to enter in?

Do you have any programming software? If no, go get some, at least get a sample.

I don't know what software is available and maybe a kind soul can send you a file that you can see and use and learn how to do things for yourself.

Good luck.

VE3JSO

if you are doing fleetnet for it to work right you need the t tables but since you want just the freq just list them as you would for a conv freq like the provincial ambulance page freq 149.440 but you will not be able to see the talk groups or lock each talk group out that you don't want

for programming software this is from what i understand is free i don't know for sure since i don't use it but here is the link
http://www.sixspotsoftware.com/products/freescan

Last edited:

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
MENU - PROGRAM SYSTEM - NEW SYSTEM - CONVENTIONAL (PROPER WAY IS MOT) - CONFIRM YES - EDIT GROUP - NEW GROUP - EDIT CHANNEL - NEW CHANNEL - ENTER FREQ - NEW CHANNEL....

But your better to do it as a motorola and enter all the freqs and let the scanner scan everything...

Didnt you get the $100 hometown programming from scanner master?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Get a copy of FreeScan (it's free) and do it via pc. Much easier than doing it by hand, although programming by hand gives you a better idea of how to actually work your scanner. That being said, I too have no clue what it is you are trying to do. The 346XT and a Pro-106 are two completely different animals, so a YouTube video showing 106 programming really isn't going to help you a whole lot. If you are trying to listen to a Motorola system... umm.. why wouldn't you program it in as a Motorola system?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Ok I can only assume you finally bought a scanner. Just curious.... Did it come with a manual? Please do yourself a favor and actually read it. Aircraft frequencies would be programmed into a conventional system. Or, yes, you could do a service search. You really *really* need to spend some time with the manual and just play around with the radio. Try things! See what happens!

VE3JSO

If you don't have the manual that came with it or you having trouble understanding it there is an easier to read manual link on the site that I posted on a prev post

jellotor

barrelroll, posting a plethora of weirdly-phrased questions on a forum about basic equipment operations isn't going to get you very far. Especially with this crowd. As others have said, read the manual. They don't include them in the box just so they can charge extra for shipping.

Second, you might want to consider the philosophy of scanning, as it were...a philosophy that incourages self-motivation and a degree of dedication. One that doesn't jive with the spoon-feeding of information. Everybody has been there before. A great amount of the enjoyment of this hobby is discovering things on your own.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
well said, although the new XT series do NOT include the manual in the box anymore (probably to save paper). its on an included CD or on the web

Also try the easier to read manual
Easier to Read BC346XT Scanner Manual

and the regular manual
http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/UnidenMan4/BC346XT/BC346XT_Complete_Reference.pdf

barrelroll, posting a plethora of weirdly-phrased questions on a forum about basic equipment operations isn't going to get you very far. Especially with this crowd. As others have said, read the manual. They don't include them in the box just so they can charge extra for shipping.

Second, you might want to consider the philosophy of scanning, as it were...a philosophy that incourages self-motivation and a degree of dedication. One that doesn't jive with the spoon-feeding of information. Everybody has been there before. A great amount of the enjoyment of this hobby is discovering things on your own.

VE3RADIO

I guess the lesson here for next time is that if someone offers to sell you a scanner for 10-20 dollars more programmed you should buy it from that person.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
So evidently you don't even have this radio yet? You may have wanted to mention that part. Sort of difficult to give someone instructions on programming a radio when they don't actually even have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.