Stupid Scanner Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Sometimes we scannists tend to take ourselves a bit too seriously, especially lately as evidenced by some of the posts in this forum. Well apparently there are some of us in the hobby who are not serious about anything scanner related whatsoever.

Take a look for yourself: http://www.stupidscannertricks.com

If you've never gone there, or it's been a while, it's worth a visit. There are some truly warped people that post there... one trick that was posted involved standing on your head.... while looking at your scanner... in a bowl of custard. Yeah! A bowl of freaking custard! Damn, I thought I was strange...

Check it out if you want a good chuckle or two.

-AZ

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Title: Burn someone's harddrive
Frequency: 129.5150
Date: 30-Mar-2000
Category: Other
Description: Go to the nearest computer with a ham radio and listen close to the sound. when you here a modem sound them push the talk button about twenty or thirty times in a shot. you'll burn there drive.
Thanks To: Anonymous

Gee, how nice of them. Losers...

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
scanner_freak said:
Title: Burn someone's harddrive
Frequency: 129.5150
Date: 30-Mar-2000
Category: Other
Description: Go to the nearest computer with a ham radio and listen close to the sound. when you here a modem sound them push the talk button about twenty or thirty times in a shot. you'll burn there drive.
Thanks To: Anonymous

Gee, how nice of them. Losers...

Yeah, there's obviously some "script kiddies" at play in there but look past those posts and you'll see some real odd ones in there. One guy posted riding the bus as a scanner trick: Frequency? Every 15 to 30 minutes... :lol:

Aw c'mon, it's the tavern right? A place to "post weird and obscure links"?

Alright fine. It's a stupid, stupid website and I should be stoned with Uniden battery packs and hung with cheap crap RadioShack RG58 just for its mere mention! :oops: It'll never happen again.

-AZ

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
waynesewell said:
The walmart gag was actually pretty funny.

If you are talking about putting the on display scanners on the employee channels so when they talk bad about costumers, the costumers can hear them, I was gonna do that, but i never got the chance to. Stupid Scanner Tricks has moved to a a Yahoo group called Stupid Scanner Tricks.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Hmmm I love the wal mart one lol. Will have to look and see if the BK/McD's one is listed......

Status
Not open for further replies.