• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Stupidest/scariest thing on the 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the scariest or most stupidest thing you have seen on the 4th?

I was in Boston and saw some idiot light a fire cracker in his car and it set the seats on fire and was smoking like crazy, they put it out and I saw a guy pull a little kid out of the car. People need to smarten up!!

CLB

1. A kid throwing a firecracker into the bed my truck at my stepson, who was minding his own business lighting bottle rockets. Needless to say, there's one kid in this neighborhood that is now scared sh!tless of me and getting an @sskicking from his father.

2. FD toned to a grass fire just down the road from me.

3. Knife wound to the neck up in Orangeburg.

rbts

In Memphis, some kid here said "hey, watch this!" to his buddy and shot some sort of firework into an empty house. I heard the firefighters say the house is a total loss.

bobmich52

Getting Ready To Go To Bed One night a Few Years Back, Go to Close The Blinds, Look out the Window, I See some CSP North Central Swat Team Members With AR 15 Automatic Rifles Running Through My Yard & Using My Car As Cover.

A Guy 2 Houses Down Was Armed , Drunk & Making Threats, Thought The State DSS Was Gonna Take His House Because His wife was In A Nursing Home.

Front Row Seat You Might Say.

They Called In The Resident Trooper, Talked Him Into Putting Down The Weapons Eventually.

The Guy Was 70 yrs old +, & He Still Fought Them Good When They were Cuffing Him Up.

As Of This Day, He still Lives In the Same House, Still A Nice Guy To Me & My Wife, Always Was.

See What The State & Big Brother Can Do To NICE People!

crashcrew

Premium Subscriber
bobmich52 said:
Getting Ready To Go To Bed One night a Few Years Back, Go to Close The Blinds, Look out the Window, I See some CSP North Central Swat Team Members With AR 15 Automatic Rifles Running Through My Yard & Using My Car As Cover.

A Guy 2 Houses Down Was Armed , Drunk & Making Threats, Thought The State DSS Was Gonna Take His House Because His wife was In A Nursing Home.

Front Row Seat You Might Say.

They Called In The Resident Trooper, Talked Him Into Putting Down The Weapons Eventually.

The Guy Was 70 yrs old +, & He Still Fought Them Good When They were Cuffing Him Up.

As Of This Day, He still Lives In the Same House, Still A Nice Guy To Me & My Wife, Always Was.

See What The State & Big Brother Can Do To NICE People!

?????????? See what ALCOHOL can do to people.

crackofdawnpawn

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hey You know the big tubes that shoot up real high in the air and blow up real big.
Well listen to this.
Last night we were trying to shoot pne off. The tube was too smal diameter for the launch.
So me being a genius that I am i decided to get a walmart rubber maid container out of the garage. We went out in the street. put the massive rocket under it lit it and ran like hell. It blew that container in peice all over the place. Makes me now know how massize an explosion those will do. My ears are still ringing.

crackofdawnpawn

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Scanner -----
Someone just called the cops for someone walking around talking to themselves.
Imagine what next.
Is that against the law here.
Might be law I dont know.

amusement

Washington County Oregon fair grounds stopped having 4th july fireworks two years ago.

So, for the second consectutive year ... 500 cars show up to watch fireworks at the fair grounds.

Locals not ammused. Some of the car occupants start their own fireworks show.
City of Hillsboro, Oregon Fire Chief not ammused.
Car occupants not ammused about Fire Chief not being ammused.
Law Enforcement not amused about car occupants not being amused and cites them.

Meanwhile ...

More cars show up.

Welcome to Washington County Fairgrounds in Hillsboro, Oregon. A tradition of over 35 years of fireworks ... and now ... it's a party place for over 500 cars and illegal fireworks each and every 4th of july (for the past 2 years).

--------------------------------

Pickup truck full of illegal fireworks makes a wrong turn on a grade school playground.

A less than reponsible driver chose to hall a pickup full of illegal fireworks on public property. Police where called to investigate. After five minutes of conversation the officer charged the driver with

1. driving while suspended
2. driving while under the influence of alcohol
3. tresspassing public property
4. use of illegal fireworks
5. obstructing on officer in the act of investigating a crime

Darwin awards missed out on that guy.

--------------------------------------------------
Public announcement

If you get caught with illegal fireworks and irritate a Cop don't expect them to come back
to ketch again -- with a smile on their face.

----------------------------------------------------
Public Annoucement

If your done bar hopping around 2am don't go back home and start lighting
illegal fireworks. Plus, when the police arrive don't call 911. And, the finishing
sentence is, don't light your fireworks with kerosene. Your bound to draw attention
and get the firedepartment to come over too.

Bill for firedepartment at 2am $3,000
Citation from police for noise, illegal fireworks, $300

Neighbors watching you get hauled off for harrassing a female cop ... priceless!

bobmich52

Hey CC.

If He EVER Messed With Me or my wife Or The Kids In The Area, The dude Damn Well Knows Better That The CSP Better Git there 1st.

WE DON'T MISS Nothing when It Comes To Wives & Kids Around Here!!!!

He Haz Bin good ever Since, He Saw The light & took Hiz Share Of The Blame & Got On a Straight Road.

He Gits A 2nd Chance With Me & No More & He knows It!

jimyleg

Ahhhhh!!!!!

My cousin made a himself a hom made firecracker and the wick he used was not the one advertised when he bought.. Turned out to be a death wick. I whatched his hand explode and blood spatter on me..He spent the next 6 months with his remmaining part of his hand stitched inside his stomach. God Bless America.

scankid2591

Stupidest things heard on the 4th:
1. EMS called for a man who got hit in the shin.
2. EMS called for a woman who has abdominal pain.

Hmm... I had abdominal pain on the 4th and I just strayed away from the guacamole... Not called an ambulance... The things people will call an ambulance for... lol

vs1988

scankid2591 said:
Stupidest things heard on the 4th:
1. EMS called for a man who got hit in the shin.
2. EMS called for a woman who has abdominal pain.

Hmm... I had abdominal pain on the 4th and I just strayed away from the guacamole... Not called an ambulance... The things people will call an ambulance for... lol
Depends on what the situation really is. Listening to the scanner doesn't even begin to play out what it's really like at a scene, whatever the situation may be. Not saying that it could not have been a BS call, but the shin may have been a fracture, and the abd. pain could be an AAA or onset of appendicitis. The scanner doesn't tell the whole story.

Last edited:

scankid2591

Depends on what the situation really is. Listening to the scanner doesn't even begin to play out what it's really like at a scene, whatever the situation may be. Not saying that it could not have been a BS call, but the shin may have been a fracture, and the abd. pain could be an AAA or onset of appendicitis. The scanner doesn't tell the whole story
I did listen to the ringdown afterwards though... They were taking him to the hospital... No broken bones. Just to get checked up. (shin)

There wasn't a ringdown to that call for the abdominal pain... Must've faded away or something.

I did hear a funny thing on the 5th... Salinas PD Dispatch:
"Reports of a man walking around Oldtown (a business district of Salinas) in a hospital gown and scrubs"

Last edited:

ImTheWeasel

Heard a call go out around 3:43am-

Asked for an ambulance to respond to a residence in regards to a young male with severe hand, chest and face injuries.

Apparently a 7 year old kid had snuck into his fathers shop and was playing with the ammunition reloading equipment, and then ended up using a lighter and lighting a large amount of gun powder. Needless to say a decent size explosion resulted, the boy was found unconcious about 20 feet from the shop with severe burns and missing digits...

The father admitted later to "teaching the boy how to make fireworks with gun powder"...

SLWilson

Stupidist maybe Not...Silly, anyway

BostonRedSoxRule said:
What was the scariest or most stupidest thing you have seen on the 4th? I was in Boston and saw some idiot light a fire cracker in his car and it set the seats on fire and was smoking like crazy, they put it out and I saw a guy pull a little kid out of the car. People need to smarten up!!
Saw a couple of older girls had bought some "sparklers" in the grocery store. They were the EXTRA LONG kind. I'd never seen any that long before. Anyway, they thought they'd light one in the parking lot. It "appeared" to be a dud. They pitched it in their car after in DIDN'T light. Started to drive away & it lit!!! They stopped & finally got it out of the car. Smoked it up pretty bad. The one girl was really REALLY laughing hard. She said she almost peed her pants cause she was laughing so hard....The other one was ape****. Musta been her car!!!!! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.