Subject/vehicle Impersonating a police officer in Arapahoe County

Status
Not open for further replies.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
This morning at 8:38 AM a male subject executed a fraudulent "traffic stop" in Arapahoe County using a vehicle with some type of light bar on the top. The party pulled over a female driver and ordered her out of the vehicle, but she refused. However, he did take her drivers license. The female party apparently left unharmed.

The suspect is a white male with short blond hair, chin strapped facial hair and sunglasses. The suspect was wearing a dark police police-type uniform, a utility belt and black leather gloves.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
I suspect it will depend on whether, where and when he decides to continue driving his wannabe cop car and/or attempts to make additional traffic stops. If he keeps this up he may find himself getting followed by the boyfriend/husband of the next woman he pulls over. I would love to hear THAT 911 call, lol...

Last edited:

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber

Apparently this is also happening in Loveland. Truly disgusting. I suspect he is "targeting" females who he feels would be least likely retaliate, pursue him after discovering the sham, etc. (Putting aside the fact that he could be targeting females for other unspeakable evil acts).

In any event I get the impression law enforcement don't have much to go on. One would hope that law enforcement throughout Denver-Metro area will be on the lookout for vehicles with suspicious light bars. However, he might be removing the light bar when not "in use". Also, their may be multi-hour delays between the time of the fraudulent traffic stop and the time the victim calls 911. If they had a quick turn-around perhaps they could raise Air 1 to find vehicles with suspicious light bars, but that seems unlikely. Even then, he might pull over at a gas station and remove the light bar shortly afterwords. Maybe CSP's Airborne unit or CAP units should start making routine "area checks" with fixed-wing aircraft, admittedly it would be a big area to check...

Loveland police warn of fake cop pulling people over - The Denver Post

Last edited:

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Could be running unmarked style. Could be fairly easy to confuse a light bar on the roof with dash lights on the top portion of the windshield. Especially if someone is having to look at wig wags in a dark background.

I've only ever had bars on my state vehicles. My personal vehicles have dash lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeyB

Considering he's (if it's the same person) doing it on busy roads, it has to be just a matter of time before a real LEO drives by and pulls over to 'help' the first officer and find out he's a fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.