Submersion in Point Pleasant Canal

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ88

Search going on in the Point Pleasant Canal (10:30 AM). Reported that the person went under and did not come back up. Point Pleasant, Point Pleasant Beach, and Brick Dive Teams, Coast Guard, State Marine Police and a helicopter form Monmouth County all participating. Anyone have any details as to how this initially happened? Boating accident or otherwise? I missed the initial dispatch.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Yup, that was it alright and the scanner was HOPPING! BTW, it was a USCG helo out of Atlantic City, I was listening to all agencies involved but for one, NJSP Marine Police either changed talk groups again or they weren't using radio. Oh and here's a giggle, the Point Beach FD didn't know how to write it up so they eventually settled on a "diving drill". (;->)

ocP25bandit

Yup, that was it alright and the scanner was HOPPING! BTW, it was a USCG helo out of Atlantic City, I was listening to all agencies involved but for one, NJSP Marine Police either changed talk groups again or they weren't using radio. Oh and here's a giggle, the Point Beach FD didn't know how to write it up so they eventually settled on a "diving drill". (;->)

Warren,

I heard that but I think it was the First Aid Dive Team since I heard it on their EMS Channel. They were never requested and decided to go anyway. I believe they were told by their headquarters that they were not needed....

Haha... It was funny though!!

Status
Not open for further replies.