Submissions question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just happened to check a list of my submissions and found two things I don't quite understand?? First, a couple of recent submissions for Lebanon county,PA are listed as "owned by scan-pa" What does that mean?? Does someone have to "buy" the information I submitted? The other question is: Why is a submission for Guerrero,Mexico that I submitted in August of 2007 still "open"? During my travels to Mexico with my "illegal" scanner,I have risked jail,and have had a scanner confiscated once to get some of these hard to obtain frequencies. Just to relate an incident which occured last august, shortly before I made the Mexican submissions, I was camped out in the desert near San Luis Potosi when during the middle of the night I was awoke by the SLP Policia Estatal shining lights on me,pointing hand guns and automatic rifles at me, screaming at me to get out of my tent NOW!! Just barely awake I yelled at them to cool it and let me put my pants on, to which they responded GET OUT NOW and I could hear the weapons clicking! Anyways, they found a R/s scanner I had(but with the antenna taken off) as they ripped though my belongings dumping everything unto the desert floor. Amazingly the oficial just looked at it briefly and then dropped it to the ground. I guess he thought it was some kind of cell phone! But he did get excited about a GRUNDIG AM/FM radio I had and was not satisfied until I turned it on. What a close call!

BaLa

richardfaloney said:
I just happened to check a list of my submissions and found two things I don't quite understand?? First, a couple of recent submissions for Lebanon county,PA are listed as "owned by scan-pa"
When you submit something...
One of the DB Admins takes 'ownership' of it and then adds it in there at some point.
I think that's how that works.

Does someone have to "buy" the information I submitted?
Nope.
Access to the RR DB is free.
There are some premium features, but you still get the same info.

This site talks about the Premium Subsription, prices and features.
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Subscription

Last edited:

Comint

Premium Subscriber
richardfaloney said:
. . . are listed as "owned by scan-pa" What does that mean??
Seeing the "owned by" term seems to be causing a bit of confusion lately, maybe "admin by" would be a better choice.

--
Comint

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Previously asked about a week ago. Please read over this forum beforehand in the future. Thanks.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
richardfaloney said:
The other question is: Why is a submission for Guerrero,Mexico that I submitted in August of 2007 still "open"? ...
Just wanted to answer this for you after this was closed. The regional admin spot is for Mexico seems to be open. I know that I don't know enough about the area to feel comfortable working on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.