Submitting nationwide information

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonHanson

I was wondering what the procedure was for submitting nationwide information? There is a lot of good information on the Secret Service on a wiki page here (United States Secret Service - The RadioReference Wiki) that could be included in the nationwide data. Is it forbidden to have Secret Service frequencies in the master database and that's why it's on a wiki? I didn't see any prohibitions on any particular agency in the Submission Guidelines. Of course, I'm sure a lot of their communications are encrypted but there is probably some communications in-the-clear that would be interesting to monitor.

ericcarlson

Database Admin
Most of the information on that Secret Service wiki page is stale and looks like copy-and-paste from various lists that have circulated online for a long time. It is appropriately listed in the wiki. If we have recently confirmed information then that should be submitted. There are "submit" links on each nationwide page.

ecps92

The Standard channels in the table are all still valid [hear them in the Boston area , routinely]

As for the others, I have never caught the USSS in UHF, other than WHCA for Echo/Fox [decommissioned]

Most of the information on that Secret Service wiki page is stale and looks like copy-and-paste from various lists that have circulated online for a long time. It is appropriately listed in the wiki. If we have recently confirmed information then that should be submitted. There are "submit" links on each nationwide page.

BamaScan

Premium Subscriber
If the frequencies are in that Wiki are accurate they need to be submitted to the National Database. Many of the new scanners out there today will not pull frequencies from the Wiki. The scanners can get it if it is in The National Database. I would submit them, but can not confirm any of them.

BamaScan

Premium Subscriber
Just tried to find the link for submitting Nationwide Frequencies and notice it has been removed. I remember when it was started it would allow me to submit frequencies.
The frequency I am trying to submit is 145.800 FM Ham Radio Voice repeater on board the ISS (International Space Station). Can someone submit this ???

Status
Not open for further replies.