SUCCESS! I've entered the 21st Century w/ my BC246T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldglide

After 1 failed attempt the second was successful. I have now programmed a scanner with a computer. The system was a local PD and FD that are using a rebanded Mot II system, works perfect. The next step will be a fairly large 3 community, county conventional system. Freescan is the BOMB! Only 3 important things to remember; 1) The scanner must be set-up correctly, DUH! 2) Establish a com connection before you do anything. DUH! DUH! 3) do it in the right order. Thanks to all who helped me and gave me good advice.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Fantastic! Welcome to the next level. You can do some amazing stuff with scanners that can be programmed and controlled from the PC.

rhemrick

OldGlide....I could use a little advise....I just purchased my BC246T and live in an area that uses a Trunked FMDA system, but don't see how to program this type using my scanners manual. Any advise? Any pointers on who to contact or where to go to understand how to program this scanner. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Bob

CStarr59

rhemrick, I'm not familiar with that trunked system that you speak of. But as far as programming goes, check out the free software oldglide used to program his. www.Scannow.org it works wonders! use the E-Z grab feature and copy all your frequencies from the RR database right to your scanner. I believe it's much easier than trying to understand the manual.

Last edited:

rhemrick

Thanks....I downloaded the software (a bit confusing too) and am not sure what you mean by RR database. Is this something that I need to purchase?

Bob

CStarr59

On this website at the top click on "database" and then your state and then your county. Scroll down and all your frequencies will be listed. Use the e-z grab to copy and paste them into freescan and then upload to your scanner. It's fairly simple but still confusing if it's your first time, don't get discouraged as all the learning is part of the fun. take your time and enjoy your hobby, it's a great one. You have all the help in the world right here on this website, don't be affraid to ask for help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.