Successful BOA Stadium monitoring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
YP is Public Safety trunked 851-861MHz.

But freqs under this service code can also be used for conventional sytems, ie MDT data.

kg4pbd

MDT could be it. The signal is intermittent at times, more continuous at other times.

I noticed last week that it was very intermittent. That was a Saturday. Last evening it was very busy. Could be other city services that use MDT's?? Signal strength is more in line with the Char Meck TRS.

bonus1331

So, is this normal to have two different systems that are located so close geographically to be issued the same frequencies?
Why would the FCC allow this to occur?
Or, is the listed information in the database for BOA incorrect?

kg4pbd

The frequencies that I mentioned also are being used in the BOA TRS. I had moments where I was stopped on a talkgroup when all of a sudden the buzzing started on clobbered the BOA system. There is one additional frequency in the system that's not listed. I submitted an update to the database. I don't have that frequency with me now but it should be updated shortly.

bonus1331

kg4pbd said:
Well the system is busy tonight but the same issue with the buzzing is present.

The buzzing is on two frequencies in the system, 854.2125 and 853.1625.

The signal strength of the "buzzing"carrier is five bars here in Ballantyne while the actual system signal strength is generally 2 bars. So it sounds like it is something totally separate in location from the actual BOA TRS.

If I lockout those two frequencies AND turn off CC trunking I can actually track the system ok though I'm missing whatever tx's occur on those two frequencies.

Exactly. Both the above frequencies are listed in the FCC database to the County and also listed as used by BOA.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Frequency in question is 859.4125Mhz...I updated the database accordingly...
Marshall KE4ZNR

kg4pbd said:
The frequencies that I mentioned also are being used in the BOA TRS. I had moments where I was stopped on a talkgroup when all of a sudden the buzzing started on clobbered the BOA system. There is one additional frequency in the system that's not listed. I submitted an update to the database. I don't have that frequency with me now but it should be updated shortly.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
The problem is that I don't think BOA has properly licensed their frequencies. I know that the control channel information in the database is correct. As well as the conventional simplex channels.

Can someone point out an FCC callsign for the trunked frequencies used by BOA?

Brian

pboy

brian said:
The problem is that I don't think BOA has properly licensed their frequencies. I know that the control channel information in the database is correct. As well as the conventional simplex channels.

Can someone point out an FCC callsign for the trunked frequencies used by BOA?

Brian

Only licenses found:

WPHI221
WPIQ603
WPJG293

You probably found them.

I agree this system is a mystery as far as FCC documentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.