Sudbury EDACS

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I have a question I am hoping anyone on here can answer for me.

I have a BC796D Scanner and I will be taking it with me when I go to Sudbury on Friday.

So I am just wondering what type of EDACS would I use for it. Would I use WIDE or NARROW. They use the 860 Mhz freq's.

I can't remember what I used when I went there last time if it was WIDE or NARROW.

So if someone can tell me. I would appreciate it. So I can get it set up Thursday sometime.

I will be waiting for any replies to this post. Thanks.

Coolguy

SCPD

QRT
Ok thanks.

I am just curious what would the NARROW be for. I am just asking so I will know what the NARROW for EDACS would be used for.
So let me know.

I will be waiting for any replies to this last question. Thanks.

Coolguy

mciupa

Canadian Database Admin
coolguy said:
Ok thanks.

I am just curious what would the NARROW be for. I am just asking so I will know what the NARROW for EDACS would be used for.
So let me know.

I will be waiting for any replies to this last question. Thanks.

Coolguy

You would use it if you had a 900 MHz EDACS system you wanted to trunktrack. :)

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
I don't know if it'd have an impact on the actual frequency itself changing or not, if it doesn't, I'd say go with Narrow if it's possible, atleast then the audio would be a bit louder.

I still wish I had the capability with Fleetnet but guess that won't happen. Either which way....

DaveH

IdleMonitor said:
I don't know if it'd have an impact on the actual frequency itself changing or not, if it doesn't, I'd say go with Narrow if it's possible, atleast then the audio would be a bit louder.

I still wish I had the capability with Fleetnet but guess that won't happen. Either which way....

Nope...the Narrow EDACS CC has a different format and speed (4800bps) and it would result in receiving nothing. It's not just the audio that changes.

As a rule of thumb, unless it's 900MHz, use regular Wide.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.