Sudbury EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

rc1990

Hello all,

I've been in Sudbury for a couple of weeks now. I've been monitoring Sudbury and District EMS on Bell Fleetnet. Everytime I visited the city, all EMS comms were on TG 35200 (District Dispatch), even calls in the city and sometimes on the TAC TGs for hospital patch and give additional patient info without tying up the dispatch channel. This evening, I heard a few calls dispatched on TG 35168 (CACC), which before today, was quite inactive. Calls being dispatched on the CACC channel were calls in the city being handled by local units. Is MOH gonna start dispatching calls on the Sudbury CACC TGs or that TG is used as a second channel if the main channel (District Dispatch) is too busy?

Also, a few nights ago, I heard a few EMS pages go out on 450.1500, the pages were the same ''style'' as the ones on 149.440 but the dispatcher added at the end of the pages - there was no response on portable. Is this a second paging freq for SDEMS? I found that weird. I know a city in the south uses a freq in the 414MHz range for dispatching but I never heard EMS paging in the 450MHz!!

Last edited:

DaveH

450.150 is in the broadcast link sub-band 450-451 (and 455-456) so it looks like you're
hearing a spurious response from some other frequency. MOH paging links are in the 410
to 420MHz band, try scanning those and check TAFL (they should be listed).

Dave

Last edited:

rc1990

Ok. Thanks.

When a code 4 is dispatch there's, most of the time, 2 units assigned. Sometimes, when the first unit is 10-7, the second unit is cancelled and other times, the ETA for the transport unit is requested. Does Sudbury and District EMS have PRUs (single paramedic vehicle) like Ottawa or they work on the BLS, ALS basis (depending of pt condition, BLS might not be able to transport)?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.