Sudbury FD monitoring with a BCD 996P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radioguy789

Hello, I have a question if anyone on here can help me with. I have a BCD 996P2 and I want to monitor the Sudbury FD. I will be going there in a couple weeks.

So just seeing if anyone on here knows how I would set it up in my scanner to monitor them. Do I set it up just as Control Channel only or no?

Just so I can have it set up before I go there and ready to listen to once I get there.

Will be waiting for any replies. Thanks

Radioguy789

Ok so just enter in the control channels only, don’t need to worry about the voice channels.

And as to setting it up, what settings do I use, I go to settings, new system, then I select P25 as system type, then after that not sure what to select.

mciupa

Are you using software or programming manually?

Radioguy789

I do it both ways with the software and manually. If I do it manually not sure how to set it up, what I have to select after I pick the system type and all that after that.

Radioguy789

I do it both ways with the software and manually. If I do it manually not sure how to set it up, what I have to select after I pick the system type and all that after that.
Or if you do it with the software, how would you set it up that way. I have the ARC software.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Set it up as a P25 trunk system and just enter all the frequencies needed for each site. This isn't hard to do at all.

Some sites show voice frequencies that are not control channels or alternate channels. Most sites however by the looks of it have frequencies that jump around from being the control channel. Just enter them all in to each site and be on your way and enjoy your comms. I really think you're over thinking this.

Radioguy789

Ok, if I do it manually, is this the way I would set it up.
1st: select system type: MOT

2nd: edit site, then click on for ex: Site 11-1

3rd: then I click on Select Band Plan. Here it gives me 3 options:
800/900 Standard
800 Splinter
Custom
Not sure which one I choose here

4th: then I go to set frequencies and enter just the control channel frequencies and alternate control channel frequencies in or even the voice channels as well.

5th: I enter in the talkgroups and then I should be all set to go.

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
Ok, if I do it manually, is this the way I would set it up.
1st: select system type: MOT

2nd: edit site, then click on for ex: Site 11-1

3rd: then I click on Select Band Plan. Here it gives me 3 options:
800/900 Standard
800 Splinter
Custom
Not sure which one I choose here

4th: then I go to set frequencies and enter just the control channel frequencies and alternate control channel frequencies in or even the voice channels as well.

5th: I enter in the talkgroups and then I should be all set to go.

You want to create a "P25" system, not MOT. It's a P25 standard trunk.

Radioguy789

Ok, thought it was a MOT System.

Ok since there is no Band Plan, I don’t need to worry about this.

then just enter the frequencies control channel and alternate control channel, then the talkgroups and then I should be all set to go

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
Ok, thought it was a MOT System.

Ok since there is no Band Plan, I don’t need to worry about this.

then just enter the frequencies control channel and alternate control channel, then the talkgroups and then I should be all set to go

Yep, that's all you need. Pretty straight forward!

Something like FleetNet would be a Motorola system. On the older 996's it was a "Motorola Type 2 / P25" i believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.