Sudbury P25 testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

rc1990

Been hearing testing on 307. Testing radio reception in different parts of Canadian Tire and Independent. Doesn't sound like fire but it's in the right range (low 300 like all other fire TG). Could Fire be testing the new system in local businesses? I submitted the TG 307 to the database as Fire possibly link to 154.0700 because I heard reference to testing the common channel on the TG this afternoon but the testing in Canadian Tire and Independent doesn't seem to be fire related.

Keep you posted!.

Last edited:

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Could Fire be testing the new system in local businesses?

Absolutely. It's quite common for them to do coverage testing when transitioning to a new system. One of the first things they would want to test is locations where the previous system gave them troubles.

When London was moving to P25 LFD did extensive testing around the city, especially in the hospitals and at the University.

rc1990

Absolutely. It's quite common for them to do coverage testing when transitioning to a new system. One of the first things they would want to test is locations where the previous system gave them troubles.

When London was moving to P25 LFD did extensive testing around the city, especially in the hospitals and at the University.

That makes sense. And usually how long after the testing were the TGs being used by the agency/service?

rc1990

System now silent???

Has something about this system changed over the last 4 months? Is it a Phase 2 system now (according to the db it is still a phase 1 system)? Trying to monitor Fire and Transit since Friday and heard nothing. When I stop on a system frequency, I see the signal strength and DAT at the bottom. Sometimes I even see a TG pop-up when I'm stop on a system frequency but when I resume scanning, my 396T doesn't stop on it. I went into ARC and reloaded the system that worked 4 months ago and I made sure that the system and the TGs are not lock.

Any advice or info would be great.

Thanks

rc1990

Did anyone found out more fire TGs? This week-end, during the fire in Dowling, I could hear comms on the Rural Dispatch and Rural TAC TGs. However, I did not hear FFs on scene discussing rescue and suppression efforts. Do the GSFS use a conventional channel as a fireground or they use a different TGs other then Dispatch and TAC TGs?

Thanks.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Many departments use conventional fire ground frequencies, so that's a definite possibility. There could be other talkgroups as well, the only way to tell would be to run UniTrunker on the system or have a digital scanner in open or search mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.