Suddenly can’t scan Pulaski sheriff

JackieL204

Have only had my TRX1 about 2 1/2 weeks. Bought it at a local pawn shop. It was working great picking up the local sheriff in Pulaski County, Kentucky using the setup that came with it. Last Thursday after not leaving well enough alone, I suddenly couldn’t get the sheriff anymore. Afraid I have accidentally turned something off in the settings.
I got my pc to install EZ scan from the scanner. I cannot update the database or anything else from the Whistler website with my pc. It always has an error. Couldn’t get the EZ scan software to install from the Whistler website.

In another thread, it mentions getting a third party program to open downloaded files. I’m running Windows 10 but just barely. Can’t get the latest security update until I get an external HD.
Not sure what else to do. Was really enjoying getting the Pulaski Sheriff and now all I can get is Pulaski EMS.
I was getting KSP but now can’t get that either.
I tried adding a DMR system but that didn’t help.
I’m a beginner at scanning. I put up a tower but haven’t run the cable. The scanner was actually picking up signals really good without the external antenna. Feel like I have changed a setting I shouldn’t have. Appreciate any help or advice.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Without seeing the scanner or settings any responses are just a guess at best. You need to tell us what operating system you have on the computer, and post screen shots/photos of the EZ Scan programming and scanner display. You didn't tell us what happens when you try to install the new version of EZ Scan from the Whistler Download Site (the version on the SD card is outdated and most likely won't work).

Your post above, without more information, is like calling a mechanic and saying your car isn't working but not telling them what's wrong and expecting them to fix it over the phone. :)

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Download the latest version of ezscan for your model scanner at whistlergroup.com install it, this should fix the update errors.

JackieL204

I can’t upload any screenshots. Says the file is too large.

Attempting to update the software from Whistler:
Update check error
There was an error getting the current version information from the web site.
Socket error#11001
Just not found

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
I get this message on any attempted Whistler update
Your current version of ezscan is not good...it has been updated, stop trying to update via ezscan.

YOU MUST GO directly to whistlergroup.com...DOWNLOAD ezscan from there for your model scanner, then install it.

Link:
TRX-1 Scanner Downloads Select TRX-1Install

Once installed, then you can update within ezscan.

Last edited:

JackieL204

Update:
I finally got the computer to download the TRX1 ez scan software update AND the updated Library file. I don’t know why it wouldn’t download the files before. I did just update the Microsoft Edge browser so maybe that enabled the downloads to work?

I transferred the updated library to the TRX1 SD card. Then unplugged the cable from the computer. Started the TRX1 and no longer had anything stored in any scan lists. Then Manually put the sheriff in scanlist 1 and fire in 2, ems in 3. Hit scan and WOOHOO! We’ve got the Pulaski Sheriff again! Got to put KSP in but man oh man am I glad it’s working again.

After advice here to stop trying to update via the EZ Scan on the scanner and go directly to the Whistler downloads, download EZ Scan that way and THEN update the library, I’m in business. I believe updating the browser helped to get the downloads to work directly from Whistler.
I’m still not sure how to set up the scan lists via the EZ scan software on the computer but I understand how to do it manually on the scanner and I’m on the front porch with my dog listening to scanner action.

Thank you everyone for your help.