PSR-800: Suddenly No Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
You would be shocked to find out that these radios are sometimes flaky as **** .. and even though it passes the verification process, it can still be corrupted. My 1095 in my car is a perfect example of that.

You got suckered along with those other people. There is nothing that you cannot fix yourself on these scanners if you know what you are doing.

Last edited:

CanesFan95

Well crap, I just noticed something. The S-meter isn't working. Everything on the display is normal and the battery meter seems to work right now. But the signal strength meter with the cell phone-style bars doesn't show anything except for only the first little dot on the left and that's it. This is on the radio back from the shop. No matter how good or bad a signal is, trunked or conventional, all it shows is the one little dot next to the 'S' in the upper left.

This is a minor thing, as everything else seems to be back to normal and working great. So a minor annoyance, but that's the way it goes. How weird that everything else can work and not that. It's not like that's just a cold solder joint or loose connection or something. If there was a loose connection, then the whole display or whatever wouldn't work. What a shame.

GOT DANGGIT.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Well crap, I just noticed something. The S-meter isn't working. Everything on the display is normal and the battery meter seems to work right now. But the signal strength meter with the cell phone-style bars doesn't show anything except for only the first little dot on the left and that's it. This is on the radio back from the shop. No matter how good or bad a signal is, trunked or conventional, all it shows is the one little dot next to the 'S' in the upper left.

This is a minor thing, as everything else seems to be back to normal and working great. So a minor annoyance, but that's the way it goes. How weird that everything else can work and not that. It's not like that's just a cold solder joint or loose connection or something. If there was a loose connection, then the whole display or whatever wouldn't work. What a shame.

GOT DANGGIT.

Make sure the Attenuator is not on. If that is off, then archive you card data via ezscan. Update the library in ezscan, then select prepare card. and have it install the data from ezscan NOT from the archive...then test it, if it still is not working right, then reinstall the cpu and dsp firmware and report back.

CanesFan95

The attenuation is off, but I don't see a way in EZScan to archive the card data. I think it only lets you archive what is in the software itself saved on your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.