Suffolk County Motorola Type II SmartZone

Status
Not open for further replies.

richee2000

Communications Professional
Sea Bright NJ, Livingston NJ, Basking Ridge NJ
Is there Any reason this system is no longer in the Database for download into sentinel? ? Its still active, and listed in Radio Reference.

From my location, I cannot pick up the new Suffolk County P25 system, however, I can pick up the analog channels that are listed for the Motorola Type ll Smartzone system, which are different channels. I have them programmed in as conventional channels, but I would like to program the system as Trunking.... I have an SDS100

Last edited:

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
The system is listed correctly in the RRDB, so there's nothing to "fix". This is a Uniden issue, they need to fix whatever is broken on their end.
Sounds like something that needs to be put on the list.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
It appears to be a Sentinel bug. I noticed the other night, a different system, despite having all active TGs and what not, was not downloadable into Sentinel, with the 6/26 DB. I just checked now, Suffolk wasn't there. Asked Sentinel to update, it reverted BACK to 6/12/22 and Suffolk is there again. So obviously there is an issue with Uniden's side of the world. (The other missing system, CN tower, is also back as of the reverted DB).

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
It appears to be a Sentinel bug. I noticed the other night, a different system, despite having all active TGs and what not, was not downloadable into Sentinel, with the 6/26 DB. I just checked now, Suffolk wasn't there. Asked Sentinel to update, it reverted BACK to 6/12/22 and Suffolk is there again. So obviously there is an issue with Uniden's side of the world. (The other missing system, CN tower, is also back as of the reverted DB).
Hah, I didn't even notice that the Sentinel DB was reverted to last week. Silly me thought they actually fixed the issue.

richee2000

Communications Professional
Sea Bright NJ, Livingston NJ, Basking Ridge NJ

Very interesting and very weird same thing happened for me. After doing a database update on Monday I tried again just now and it updated again and sure enough Suffolk county is there.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Very interesting and very weird same thing happened for me. After doing a database update on Monday I tried again just now and it updated again and sure enough Suffolk county is there.
Nothing weird about it. We added the custom band plan back to the system a few days ago (RRDB v2 changes wiped it out), Uniden ran their Sentinel DB pull on Sunday, the software didn't like the custom band plan, so it omitted the system. The Sentinel DB was rolled back to last week's version today, and therefore the system is showing up once again. Until a permanent fix is in place, it will keep disappearing with each new Sunday pull.

Status
Not open for further replies.