Suffolk-----Harris Open Sky?

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4UVV

Suffolk has been licensed WQTQ809 for a new 800 mhz. 5 frequency trunked system. I hope I am incorrect in identifying the last emission code "20K0F9W". "F9W" is supposed to indicate that multiple different emissions within the specified bandwidth are possible. However, there is one exception which is "Harris Open Sky" which has been certified by the FCC although "F7W" is a more appropriate emission code for "Harris Open Sky".

Here is the FCC database link.

ULS License - PubSafty/SpecEmer/PubSaftyNtlPlan,806-817/851-862MHz,Conv License - WQTQ809 - SUFFOLK, CITY OF

John
W4UVV

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
suffolk

That's weird and crazy because they are still handing out xts 2500's. My buddy was just issued one.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Suffolk has been licensed WQTQ809 for a new 800 mhz. 5 frequency trunked system. I hope I am incorrect in identifying the last emission code "20K0F9W". "F9W" is supposed to indicate that multiple different emissions within the specified bandwidth are possible. However, there is one exception which is "Harris Open Sky" which has been certified by the FCC although "F7W" is a more appropriate emission code for "Harris Open Sky".

ULS License - PubSafty/SpecEmer/PubSaftyNtlPlan,806-817/851-862MHz,Conv License - WQTQ809 - SUFFOLK, CITY OF

John

W4UVV

FB2... Looks like a few conventional licenses...

Edit: after looking at the wiki it looks like these licenses are for conventional interop repeaters...8call90, 8tac92, 8tac93

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ

John

W4UVV

I'm confused, the license you linked in this thread is for conventional interop repeaters. Where do you see that this is a 5 frequency trunk system?

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
It was an assumption based the "F9W" emission code also being valid for a "Harris Open Sky" trs. Time will tell what the final configuration will be.

John

W4UVV

The frequencies listed on that license are INTEROP frequencies 8CALL90, 8TAC91 ect. Cross reference them with the common frequencies in the Wiki. That license have only one purpose. Conventional interop. There is no 'time will tell', they are not part of a trunk system.

Edit: take a look at this link: http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Emission_Designator#Use_of_F9W_Suffix
Also if it was a trunk system it would have a station class code of FB8 not FB2

Last edited:

DrWhoVa

John
W4UVV

20K0F9W isn't Open Sky 12K1F9W and 112K1F9W are the codes for Open Sky. or 8K50F9W

freqhopping

20K0F9W is the same emission as listed for the Rhode Island P25 statewide system CQPSK Phase 1 south site.

8K40F1D, 8K40F1E and 13K6F3E are codes listed for a Harris TDMA OpenSky system.

SCPD

QRT
Ahh, you wouldn't be able to scan Suffolk anymore. Lots of people don't like BrokenSky because you can't monitor it, it'd be a bummer for lots of people around this area.

IBM

LMAO...I needed that, a good old laugh Thanks.

Yeah, let's not be childish here. Much appreciated.

Also, OpenSky can be monitored using SDR, though a bit sketchy. Most times the encrypted audio will come out garbled if the signal isn't 100% clear.

rrbum

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, let's not be childish here. Much appreciated.

Also, OpenSky can be monitored using SDR, though a bit sketchy. Most times the encrypted audio will come out garbled if the signal isn't 100% clear.

No disrespect intended, but I would love to hear more about this statement you have made. I am of the opinion that SDR as well as it's cousin SDR# are merely receivers. I thought one would need a decoding program such as DSD+ to enable listening of digital signals.
If you know of a way to decode and monitor the aforementioned scheme please do provide more information as I for one would love to have even a hint of what the heck is going on in my neighborhood again, as his was taken from me when my local PD went with this crap.

IBM

No disrespect intended, but I would love to hear more about this statement you have made. I am of the opinion that SDR as well as it's cousin SDR# are merely receivers. I thought one would need a decoding program such as DSD+ to enable listening of digital signals.
If you know of a way to decode and monitor the aforementioned scheme please do provide more information as I for one would love to have even a hint of what the heck is going on in my neighborhood again, as his was taken from me when my local PD went with this crap.

I will get you details as soon as I get home for work. But I found a decoder for OpenSky, still very buggy however.

rrbum

Premium Subscriber
I will get you details as soon as I get home for work. But I found a decoder for OpenSky, still very buggy however.

Did not mean to hijack the thread. The only thing I ever read about was called " Digital Speech Decoder and MBE Library mbelib 1.0.2" and runs on Linux. Is this the program you mean ?

Status
Not open for further replies.