Suffolk P25 P2 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jl942264

Premium Subscriber
All,
I know there's only certain TGs broadcasting on the P25 system in the county right now, however, I have all 3 sites scanning 700, 800, 1st PCT, and all I seem to get is Command 1st PCT and a few FRES channels. Am I missing something or are these the only ones active on the ASTRO system? I even imported the system direct from RR. I'm getting full bars of signal on all Sites/TGs. Just wondering if there's anything I have done improperly or if that's all that's on the "air"

Thanks!

900mhz

scan the 800 MHz system only for P25. I have no issues with any talk groups on it. This includes all precincts, command band, detectives, etc. Verify your programming is correct.

Machria

Premium Subscriber
There is really nothing on the p25 system. And the few things that are on it, are also still on the Motorola type 2 800 system.

LukeB

Has there been any word on when they will start migrating to the P25 system?

Aside from bus companies and other utilities, I believe Riverhead PD is one of the the only public safety agencies operating on the P25 system.

nyscan00

Premium Subscriber
There is really nothing on the p25 system. And the few things that are on it, are also still on the Motorola type 2 800 system.

The P25 system is alive and well. There are many active talk-groups on the system. Check the RR database. All talk-groups listed have been confirmed on the new system. Also there are several agencies that are on the new p25 that are NOT on the old 800 such as S Hampton Village PD and EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.