Suffolk P25 Phase II ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machria

Premium Subscriber
I remember why I left here, everyone has an attitude.

WOW, nice response! Your welcome for the help. :( So I spend the time to try best I can to answer your question in detail, and the response I get is I have an attitude?? Geeeesh!

FYI, Since your a special "city boy" now apparently, and are much better than us low-down Suffolk trash, your question is the equivalent to asking you "What house # is on 2nd St. in NYC?" Well, there are many many 2nd Streets in the different Burroughs, and there are many house #'s on each one of those streets. So what specifically are you looking for on "2nd street".

Last edited:

Machria

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like you're just a wee bit sensitive. You sure you're a real NY'er? :unsure:

@Machria provided a good answer to your vague question. Perhaps you should've thanked him for his answer instead of whining.

Thanks for the backup. I re-read my response a few times thinking I missed something/typo that didn't sound right, but was scratching my head. ;)

innokuous1

Premium Subscriber
This thread is about the Suffolk P25 Phase II system so I'm assuming he would like to know which site on that system is closest to Medford.

............so following that reasoning; Under WQWS815 Site 3 and under WQCE481 Site 4 has a location on Foxboro Avenue in Farmingville and under WQVX713 Site 3 has a location on Yaphank Ave in Yaphank.

Parts of Medford could be closer to Farmingville and parts of Medford could be closer to Yaphank.

900mhz

Site 3 deals with 700 MHz simulcast, which presently does not carry much of anything. Site 4 deals with 800 MHz simulcast, which does carry traffic. Mind you, it is a Simulcast system, meaning that all tower site locations under site 4 are transmitting the same traffic on the same frequencies at the same time, utilizing the same control channel frequencies. It doesnt matter where you are.

mikey224

Here's a bit of an advanced question, Does anybody have an "optimal" setting for the Threshold Level on the Phase II System? My HP2 seems to hold on 7 most of the time and is crystal clear. But on my 436 in Auto mode it bounces all over the place and sometimes the Error rate is up to 50/60. Seems like the base units like 7 but the mobiles not so much. Just wondering if its better to leave it on Auto or set it exact...... whats everyone's experiences???

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Here's a bit of an advanced question, Does anybody have an "optimal" setting for the Threshold Level on the Phase II System? My HP2 seems to hold on 7 most of the time and is crystal clear. But on my 436 in Auto mode it bounces all over the place and sometimes the Error rate is up to 50/60. Seems like the base units like 7 but the mobiles not so much. Just wondering if its better to leave it on Auto or set it exact...... whats everyone's experiences???

Its going to be tricky for mobiles since your location is always changing. Have you tried an other setting besides 7?

mikey224

I didnt mean I was mobile, both are operating from by home. And the Threshold Parameters shouldnt have anything to do with mobile units in the field changing locations. The threshold parameters are set up on the system when the Technicians build and set it up. These parameters are different for all systems. Uniden scanners have a Auto setting which "scans" through all of the possible threshold parameters and locks on the the setting that the system is using, you can see this if you bring it up on the display and when a digital signal is received it decodes it but sometimes not fast enough and you will hear a slightly garbled transmission, the closer the error rate is to 0 (zero) the clearer the digital transmission is. Uniden scanners have the ability to manually enter a Threshold parameter Setting as long as you know the correct Setting that the system you are monitoring is set up for, hence that it was I am trying to accomplish here. So the question is does anybody know the Digital Threshold Parameter Setting that the Suffolk P25 Phase II system is using? Thanks

900mhz

I didnt mean I was mobile, both are operating from by home. And the Threshold Parameters shouldnt have anything to do with mobile units in the field changing locations. The threshold parameters are set up on the system when the Technicians build and set it up. These parameters are different for all systems. Uniden scanners have a Auto setting which "scans" through all of the possible threshold parameters and locks on the the setting that the system is using, you can see this if you bring it up on the display and when a digital signal is received it decodes it but sometimes not fast enough and you will hear a slightly garbled transmission, the closer the error rate is to 0 (zero) the clearer the digital transmission is. Uniden scanners have the ability to manually enter a Threshold parameter Setting as long as you know the correct Setting that the system you are monitoring is set up for, hence that it was I am trying to accomplish here. So the question is does anybody know the Digital Threshold Parameter Setting that the Suffolk P25 Phase II system is using? Thanks
Perhaps you are suffering from simulcast distortion, which would explain "garbled" transmissions...and would manifest itself as some BER issues.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The threshold parameters are set up on the system when the Technicians build and set it up.
There is no such setting on the system side. Those settings are purely a scanner thing, in order to attempt to get the scanner to decode a system better. As @900mhz stated, you are probably experiencing simulcast issues with the scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.