Suggestion: Archive of Audio Feed Alerts

Status
Not open for further replies.

dampier

Feed Provider
Now that there is a 30 day retention of audio feeds, it would be great to be able to skim through past audio alerts for incidents that may have passed, but have been effectively "archived" for 30 days. I am not seeing any way to check out past events right now, so this feature would be a useful companion for anyone who wants to pull down some past audio to follow an incident that happened over the last month.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Keep in mind, RR is NOT in the incident alert business so i doubt this is something Lindsay would want to dedicate resources to.

But it never hurts to ask, right? :)

dampier

Feed Provider
Just to clarify, I am referring to the "Audio Feeds With Alerts" messages, not the Incident Page Network messages. My assumption is that since these are local site-based and not from an external provider, there might be a way to archive them without a lot of effort. It wouldn't be dedicating new resources as much as taking fuller advantage of what is already a part of the site.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Yes, i know you are referring to the alerts. I see archiving something like this as getting into the incident notification business, which RR does not want. Also think about all the "Feed Problems" and other "Non alert" messages people STILL use the alerts for, not to mention when some people post sensitive information in the alerts. This might just cause more problems to have to deal with, and god knows we have our fair share of problems with the alert feature.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.