Suggestion for Database tag

Status
Not open for further replies.

mciupa

Database Admin
Hello Lindsay and Eric, I was service tagging today and came upon some Marine freq.'s.

Looking over the list of tags, I did not see one for Marine or Maritime.

I was hoping that you may give this suggestion some consideration for any Marine/ Maritime entries that we come across. Thank you.

CompuDoc

It would not make much sense posting marine frequencies because they are not like different companies or government agencies where they would be on different frequencies from low band VHF to the 800 Mhz Band. Like Noaa weather radio they have a specific band and specific frequencies. Each channel of the marine band has it's own usage.

U.S. VHF Channels - USCG Navigation Center

The above link is the entire marine band with the channel number, the frequency it is on and what the channel is used for.

mciupa

Database Admin
I just feel that using a Federal or Other tag is not the best option, as is used in this example and feel Marine would define the tag better.

Last edited:

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Marine frequencies should not be in the database at all unless they are used for a specific purpose in that locale. For example if the Marine Division of some PD uses that channel for dispatch or communication then it would be okay to have it in the DB, in which case you would tag it with that use. If the frequency is in the DB as just a marine channel, then you should remove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.