Suggestion for Moderators...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
Why don't you guys set up a seperate catagory for Auctions? And move them out of the FS area..... Just a thought?????

k8mcn

i would like to see E-Bay Auctions in the for sale area banned

Chrome69 said:
Why don't you guys set up a seperate catagory for Auctions? And move them out of the FS area..... Just a thought?????
i would like to see E-Bay Auctions in the for sale area banned...i dont have a thing against E-Bay,I sell and purchase things there on occasion, but if I want to see what is for sale there, it is very easy to put in the URL, and search or browse to my hearts content------
I look at this site's "for sale" items hoping to find radio related items readily available for sale, without the E-bay inflated prices and inflated shipping------
please consider this Mods--it is a waste of bandwidth (guess this rant is too :) )
I will now dismount my soapbox...............

Radio1114

A for Auction section makes more sense than banning them all together.I for one use auctions and I do like to look over certain areas of auctions.Especially when the people are from here it gives us a better reference also.Plus when they are in here sometimes if an auction has no bids we can make arrangemnents with the members on here to pull there auctions and save them the ebay fees and get better deals etc.I am definatlt for a For Auction section as long as it is scanner or shortwave radio related.

JnglMassiv

As one who favors a conservative approach to forum creation, I really can't go along with this superfluous compartmentalization. Why not simply refrain from clicking on Ebay links? Alternatively, enact and enforce the guideline that auction posts must have F/A in the subject field.

JoeyC

EBAY ads belong on EBAY.

People know how to search for items on ebay, they don't need radioreference to do it. Alot of people like to avoid scamBAY, why push it in peoples faces here?

I say BAN EBAY ads.

Private auctions can stay right here.

Last edited:

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
JoeyC said:
EBAY ads belong on EBAY.

People know how to search for items on ebay, they don't need radioreference to do it. Alot of people like to avoid scamBAY, why push it in peoples faces here?

I say BAN EBAY ads.
I agree and succinctly said. eBay has features that can be setup, like watch filters that will email you when an item becomes available, and other tools. I can't ever recall hearing someone say, "I hang out on for sale forums watching for ebay ads rather than actually going to ebay to look. eBay takes too long to find things."

A lot of other forums frown on eBay advertising and I feel we should adopt that policy.

-Wayne

Dorpmuller

JoeyC said:
EBAY ads belong on EBAY.

I say BAN EBAY ads.

Private auctions can stay right here.

AMEN!!! I really hate when someone puts "FS" and then you see nothing but an Ebay link. I'm a sore loser so I don't do auctions anyway.

Rich

MacombMonitor

Not all items on eBay are "auctions". You can also post items "for sale" on eBay. I don't care either way if RR continues to allow them to be posted, or not, as I always consult both. But it seems harmless, like topics in the Tavern, they can be avoided by just ignoring them.

Radio1114

I usually sell my items on ebay.Not by auction but by using the buy it now feature.I still think it would be a lot easier to look on our own site for scanners etc. Than going on to ebay and looking.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The first word in those ads,(either auction or sale) should be EBAY. Anything other than that should be deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.