Suggestion to UPMan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrygilnc

From what I’m seeing in the Forum, MOTOTRBO seems to be coming into more common use. In Charlotte NC where I live, the state university is moving to it and the community college (which is a huge, multi-campus operation) has already moved to it. I know you can’t comment on possible future products. I just wanted to bring this your attention so it can be considered. I think whichever scanner manufacturer adds MOTOTRBO to their radio will have a big edge over the competition. Thank you for passing this on the product development people.

scannersnstuff

i'm being nice when i say this. the trbo topic has been beaten to death. i believe <not 100 percent sure>, motorola holds the license/patent, and will not relinquish it to scanner mfg's. anyone with more knowledge, feel free to weigh in. i think it may be doable on a computer with a program.

trbo/ and the big "E" , are the paramount reasons that i'm saving my pennies for now. not jumping on the new unidens. not a lot of trbo around here. plus i just want to see how tdma phase II pans out. it's not going to do me any good in my county anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
That is correct. MOTOTRBO is proprietary. Motorola will never sell the rights to decode it. They market this system as a secure system, "not able to be received on a scanner." If they made it available to scanner manufacturers they could no longer do this.

box23

That is correct. MOTOTRBO is proprietary. Motorola will never sell the rights to decode it. They market this system as a secure system, "not able to be received on a scanner." If they made it available to scanner manufacturers they could no longer do this.

You are completely correct, except for the fact that MOTOTRBO is built upon DMR which is an open protocol and not proprietary to or owned by Motorola.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ

TRBO is DMR... Published... NOT proprietary... Aspects of motorola's implementation are, but DMR itself is not.

Sent from an unknown place...

Status
Not open for further replies.