Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
I think it would be nice to have a feedback icon so the user can contact the feed provider with good and/or bad info about there feed.

Just a suggestion:D

richtidd

Database Admin
I think it would be nice to have a feedback icon so the user can contact the feed provider with good and/or bad info about there feed.

Just a suggestion:D

We already have this.
It is the "Report a Problem".
The icon is on the page users see.

It is used a lot for what you want.

Remember though, some feed owners have set the site to not receive e-mails from listeners.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Oh.. I did not know "Report a Problem" would be used to provide good feedback to the feed provider.:confused:

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
Maybe we should rename it to "feedback/issues" No one will use a Report a problem to give feedback... The listeners actually think that link goes to You guys not the feed provider... Or some have said to me at least....

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Oh.. I did not know "Report a Problem" would be used to provide good feedback to the feed provider.:confused:

LOL.. you would be surprised what they use it for. We get a good laugh at some of the reports.:D

They also use it to provide feedback.

Last edited:

richtidd

Database Admin
Maybe we should rename it to "feedback/issues" No one will use a Report a problem to give feedback... The listeners actually think that link goes to You guys not the feed provider... Or some have said to me at least....

They do.

The feed provider get's these "Trouble Reports" if they select to receive them, and they also show up on our Admin page.

mdulrich

Feed Provider
Remember though, some feed owners have set the site to not receive e-mails from listeners.

Some people who report to the feed providers have set their account to not receive e-mails or PMs from providers. Makes it hard to try and track down reported issues.

It would be nice to hear something positive so changing the heading would be a good idea.

Mike

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
It would be nice to hear something positive so changing the heading would be a good idea.

Thats what the "Other" category could be used for. It's already used for feedback anyway. We'll have to see how Lindsay feels about changing the heading.

Merry Christmas

Last edited:

richtidd

Database Admin
Some people who report to the feed providers have set their account to not receive e-mails or PMs from providers. Makes it hard to try and track down reported issues.

Mike

Changing the name of "Report a Problem" will not change the issue that some feed owners are anonymous and do not accept e-mails or PM from just anyone.

As Admins, we see all those trouble reports, weather they are reporting a real problem of saying thanks. We also have contact info for the feed owners & we often pass on the info when needed.

My guess is we would loose a lot of feeds if we required all feed owners to accept e-mails or PM from everyone. That is a feed owners choice. All I care about is I am able to contact them when needed.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin

As Rich stated, if we see continues problems with a feed we will contact them in case they are not receiving the reports.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Well, all I wanted to do is send a good note to a anonymous feed provider, and as a power user of RR :D I could not find where to send it.
I certainly will not use the "Report a Problem" for that, its not what it is for in my opinion.

I think that if someone has a great feed it should be mentioned to them, and there should be a way for the feed provider to see messages like that.

Anyways, it was only a suggestion:cool:

richtidd

Database Admin
Well, all I wanted to do is send a good note to a anonymous feed provider, and as a power user of RR :D I could not find where to send it.
I certainly will not use the "Report a Problem" for that, its not what it is for in my opinion.

I think that if someone has a great feed it should be mentioned to them, and there should be a way for the feed provider to see messages like that.

Anyways, it was only a suggestion:cool:

To contact a feed owner, here are the options:

First try the "Feed Broadcaster" icon.
At the bottom, there as two contact options: E-mail & PM.
If they accept either, then they should get you message.
E-mail is best as PM's may go ignored.
Remember, feed owners have the choice to accept or not accept e-mail or PM's as this is a privacy issue.

If that does not work, use "Report a Problem".

Under "Report a Problem" there are several options to select from.
"Other" is the option to use like others do to send
Start off with something like "Not a Problem" like many do.
Send in your nice comments.
If they do not accept e-mail or PM's above, in the message, you can ask us as Admins to pass on the comments. We have contact info for feed owners, at least the ones who have an RR account and or have there e-mail address listed on the admin part of the feed.

Remember, the issue is not what the method of contact is called. The issue is weather the feed owner wants to get your message. The have the option to not to.

Tweekerbob

Rich,

I agree with Ron on this one. "Report A Problem" means that you are reporting a problem. "Other" does not mean anything positive when you have already selected to report a problem.

Changing the heading to "Feedback" or "Feedback/Report A Problem" would seem a bit more intuitive. From there the listener can choose whether or not to send positive feedback or constructive criticism if there is indeed an issue with the feed.

I do agree that sending a PM/e-mail is the best way to contact and/or send feedback to a provider; why can't we have a feedback system, by making a simple change of heading, that can be used for all purposes, both positive and negative? You can kill two birds with one stone and make the listener interface that much more intuitive and easier to use.

Happy Holidays All.

Ryan

mdulrich

Feed Provider
Changing the name of "Report a Problem" will not change the issue that some feed owners are anonymous and do not accept e-mails or PM from just anyone.

My issue isn't with the feed providers, but with the people reporting to the feed providers. I would say 3 out of 4 people who report "issues" to me have communications back to them blocked. I have had to trash "problem" reports to me because I couldn't make any sense out of the report and couldn't get a clarification from the reporter.

Mike

Drafin

My issue isn't with the feed providers, but with the people reporting to the feed providers. I would say 3 out of 4 people who report "issues" to me have communications back to them blocked. I have had to trash "problem" reports to me because I couldn't make any sense out of the report and couldn't get a clarification from the reporter.

Mike

Amen to that!

I had a guy trying to tell me that my feed was identical to his when clearly it is not and no way of contacting him to explain that.

Draf

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
I do agree that sending a PM/e-mail is the best way to contact and/or send feedback to a provider; why can't we have a feedback system, by making a simple change of heading, that can be used for all purposes, both positive and negative? You can kill two birds with one stone and make the listener interface that much more intuitive and easier to use.

But also like the PM's, some user choose not to receive the problem reports so basically you would be submitting feedback to us(Audio Team), and we would have this long list of reports that we would have to sort through to see which is actually problem reports that need attention, and delay us in sending email's about problems to the broadcasters who choose not to receive the reports. The problem reports work the same way as PM, they choose whether or not to receive them. This would cause us headache and confusion for both to be on the same thing. Some users already send feedback using this method(kept to a minimal) but if the heading was changed to include feedback then it would really increase our sort through list. If users wanted to be contacted whether it be positive feedback or other, then they would allow PM's.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.