Suggestions for analog/crystal frequencies please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genoman

I dug out my old Bearcat Five Six (1983), cleaned it out and fired it up and it still works like a charm.

As one might imagine, many of the frequencies that I used to be able to pick up are now no longer used due to agencies switching to trunking and digital systems. The old 154.905 for the Parkway is long dead.

I still get transmissions on three of the six channels in the scanner.

I would like to fill the other channels with frequencies that are still operable with a crystal scanner. I'm thinking more in line of making it an extra scanner to have on hand in an emergency. There's a bit of nostalgia factor here as well. I also wouldn't mind just turning it on and listening to active channels. :) I would imagine getting a crystal to cover the local NOAA weather broadcast.

I understand that finding crystals might be a chore. But I'm willing to give it a shot.

I'm open to any suggestions. I've tried looking in the database on this site and was wondering if the state OEM frequency would be a good idea? I'm in the Union County area if that is any help.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Crystal frequencies

Be aware that crystals are almost unavailable anymore. The last ones I priced 2 or 3 years ago ran about $45 each. International Crystal went out of business this year, and others were already gone. You may find used ones, but ordering them is just about impossible, and certainly not cheap. In my early scanner days, I paid $1.25 each,

wtp

be aware

different companies used different formula's for a frequency.
like uniden/bearcat if different than radio shack stuff.

RFI-EMI-GUY

I found by accident that here in Central Florida, the VHF InterCity channel 155.370 gets a bit of use even though most municipalities are operating on trunked systems. Primarily it is an intercom between dispatch centers. Then you have marine Channel 16 that gets active when ships are overdue or calling for aid.

I remember the excitement when I bought my first two scanners. They were 8 channels each and had rows of lamps. It was cool watching those lamps race each other. I forgot what brand, sold them when I got a BC210.

mule1075

Feed Provider
Yup I have used his service.Takes about 2 weeks to get the crystals.Very nice gentleman and great customer service.Same guy in the link I posted above.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.