Suggestions for external USB sound card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blogan52

Premium Subscriber
I have three BCT15X scanners feeding into a refurbished HP EliteDesk PC, which apparently has a crappy sound card, as the recordings I was getting were just horrible.....two of the scanners are hosting BCFY feeds, so I want them to be usable. I am currently using one Sabrent USB adapter per scanner, but would like to find something that all three scanners could feed into and provide better quality recordings...(and not break the bank...). I bought a 'Phonikas' external sound card from Amazon, but it only runs one device at a time, and honestly, while the sound is better than the original, it ain't all that great.... Suggestions? or am I expecting too much?

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
I just bit the bullet and purchased a Focusrite 8i6 for my feeds.
There is more information about my decision on this thread:

And also this one too:

blogan52

Premium Subscriber
I just bit the bullet and purchased a Focusrite 8i6 for my feeds.
There is more information about my decision on this thread:

And also this one too:
Thanks for your input.... I really appreciate it.....

DC31

Feed Provider
My experience is only with raspberry pi’s as the streaming devices. Since the pi has no on-board sound input, it always requires a usb sound card. Rarely, if ever, are audio quality problems traced to the sound card. Usually, it is cables, ground loops, connections, etc. that are the root cause. All that I use are the cheap ~$5 cards off ebay. You are using a scanner jack as a source, it is not high fidelity or Dolby surround sound. Can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear. Try switching your audio source to the earbud jack on your phone, then play some music from spotify/pandora or whatever. If this comes across your stream at much better quality, it pretty much rules out the sound card.

Status
Not open for further replies.