Suggestions on external speakers for my uniden bc75xlt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mprosser81996

Hey everyone! I'm back with another question. I'm struggling with finding an external speaker for my scanner.

Can't tell if Amazon has more trolls than verified purchase reviews, But I'm looking for a cheap speaker that has a volume knob for my scanner.

I'm a railfan and I don't want to bring my scanner inside unless I'm done railfanning. I'm going to a vacation spot in Necedah in Wi. There's a rail line in literally next door distance from the property.

When I go outside, I leave my scanner out in the open where it will receives transmissions from dispatch and nearby trains.

There were times where I was inside and I got disappointed because I heard no such transmission and train is going by rumbling the place. I got lucky one time where I was having dinner and I heard, "UP DETECTOR MILEPOST 191.5" Which prompt me to get up run as fast as my feet could carry me, down the driveway and raced to the crossing to film the train which was a three quarters of a mile down the line when it triggered the defect detector at milepost 191.5. The crossing I film at is at milepost 190.27.

ANYWAYS I'm getting sidetracked pun intended. I'm looking for a external speaker I can use for my scanner. Idk how much money I have to sacrifice to get a speaker loud enough to where I could leave the scanner outside and I can hear transmissions while I'm either in the house or not within close prox of it.

I see some decent looking speakers, But I don't really live by looks, but quality. And I can't tell you how many 1 star reviews I'm seeing. Mostly because of their so called "lack of volume" People say it's so quiet. It's really worrying. I do have time, but not alot of it. I'm going up north on the 3rd of may. Any suggestions would be great, just hope it's something I can get under $25 otherwise if its good but pricey, than so be it.

Thx.

Hit_Factor

Sounds like externally powered PC speakers is what you want.

Generally, more watts equals more volume.

Amazon probably has an overwhelming number of options.

I'd just take my $25 to the local Walmart (or equivalent) and buy the largest speakers with highest wattage. I bet you will have 3 to 5 choices at your fingertips.

73, K8HIT
Icom: IC-7300, IC-PW1, ID-5100A, ID-51A Plus 2, IC-R30, Hytera PD782G, Kenwood TH-D74, Uniden SDS100, DVMega, SDRplay RSPduo

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC

Mprosser81996

How about these? Logitech 3.5 jack compact laptop speakers z130. $19.22 on Amazon. Can't leave a link, Don't know how to do it on my phone. I'm sure if you look it up the way I typed it, it should come up as one of the top results.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-04-19-09-53-05.png
    Screenshot_2019-04-19-09-53-05.png
    152.5 KB · Views: 5

DJ11DLN

+1 on amplified computer speakers, unless you are trying to mount them in a vehicle they work great and most of the ones I've played around with have had great audio and as much volume as you need with more left over. Best of all they are cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.