Suggestions to clean up the Uniden Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.0.1803 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Dafe1er said:
That all would be left to the site owners.

But I will say for example reasons, the yearly fee now is $30.00. For an additional $15-30 a year you could obtain the VIP status.

Something fair can be worked out I am sure. When we did it on the site I was part of, people went nuts. They loved the fact they had something over the "regular" user of the site and were able to get in on things first or for little to no money buy the newest toys before the rest. It was orderly and fun at the same time.

We are all regular users here, what do expect to get with a VIP account. We don't have any secret info, we get news on scanners, firmware etc when members see it on our forums. Same as you.

Anyways, we are getting off topic from our OP. Please start a new thread if you want to continue the discussion about VIP forum and we can move posts there.

Last edited:

forums manager

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I was at the point I was going to put some level of moderation upon the whole Uniden forum. It gets a crazy amount of traffic and that extra load would add to the new member moderation queue we already have to deal with. Not to mention the posts asking why they're all of a sudden moderated. It doesn't matter if there is a Sticky explaining that as people don't often read them anyway.

There's a large amount of Uniden forum participants that are incredibly sensitive to having their opinion controlled in any way. What we've recently done had brought down some very angry private communication that none of my moderators should have to endure, nor I either since I was a target too.

Unfortunately there won't be a VIP area soon. I'm not swayed on the idea and Lindsay is the sole voice on whether something like that would come in to play.

Soon I plan on adding thread prefixes like we used to have in the Classifieds forums where you pick from a drop-down choices like BCD536HP, BCD436HP, HP-1, 996XT, etc. This will give members the ability to search based on this field along with other text.

Fixing the Uniden forum will take time so please be patient. For us to swoop in and make drastic changes will create an undue stress on us. We have to find a balance when acting.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Soon I plan on adding thread prefixes like we used to have in the Classifieds forums where you pick from a drop-down choices like BCD536HP, BCD436HP, HP-1, 996XT, etc. This will give members the ability to search based on this field along with other text.
Sounds like a useful feature.

Fixing the Uniden forum will take time so please be patient. For us to swoop in and make drastic changes will create an undue stress on us. We have to find a balance when acting.
I know it's a PITA, but I hope the folks moderating the Uniden forum remain vigilant for off-topic posts. For example, the Simulcast Performance thread is starting to wander off in different directions, including discussions of Phase 2 performance which has its own thread. And the folks who just post "Uniden's simulcast performance still sucks so I'm gonna wait for Whistler" really aren't helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.